• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dingle sues USF. I hope he wins

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

753DWMQUSVEGLNAPDUUKRFE6LI.jpeg

Kevaughn Dingle, 22, said in the federal lawsuit that the school “rushed to judgment” because of factors including the “Me Too” movement and a prior campus assault case.

The rush to judgement happens too often and those that harm others that are innocent need to pay.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:
753DWMQUSVEGLNAPDUUKRFE6LI.jpeg

Kevaughn Dingle, 22, said in the federal lawsuit that the school “rushed to judgment” because of factors including the “Me Too” movement and a prior campus assault case.

The rush to judgement happens too often and those that harm others that are innocent need to pay.

It does however that is the current climate we live in, dude got hosed but that is the way this works nowadays. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,383
  • Days Won:  10

I used to be an investigator for a city and one of the greatest pressures on an investigator is to finished with the probe.  You have to just ignore the noise (even though most of it comes from above you) and take your time.

I was conducting two big investigations at the same time when my Asst. City Manager wanted me to take on another.  When I balked, he asked me snidely, "You can't do this?"  I answered, "not if you want a quality investigation".  He left me alone.

We need to look into this and compensate the individual, if we damaged his future.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I used to be an investigator for a city and one of the greatest pressures on an investigator is to finished with the probe.  You have to just ignore the noise (even though most of it comes from above you) and take your time.

I was conducting two big investigations at the same time when my Asst. City Manager wanted me to take on another.  When I balked, he asked me snidely, "You can't do this?"  I answered, "not if you want a quality investigation".  He left me alone.

We need to look into this and compensate the individual, if we damaged his future.

He said, she said, tough to convict, tough to ignore, overall a tough position to be in.  Should we have let the kid continue to play under these **** allegations?  I don’t know, a lose lose situation.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,383
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Friscobull said:

He said, she said, tough to convict, tough to ignore, overall a tough position to be in.  Should we have let the kid continue to play under these **** allegations?  I don’t know, a lose lose situation.

There are always things in an investigation that don't come out, so no one uninvolved can really say what happened.  Texts and social media posts might help.  At any rate, it should be handled with confidentiality.  Keep him on scholarship, but under a watchful eye and do a good thorough investigation.  But the political climate as it was didn't lend itself to that.

America abhors moderation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Many things come into play on this one. MeToo has ruined many a life because they are misguided and malicious in too many cases. Glad to see it is slowly going away and not media hyped like it was. Dingle has a time lag problem and he continued to play football elsewhere. He has probably found a law firm that saw the Deep Pockets at USF and said hell yes, I'll take this case and we will have a payday. Yep, not the first time USF Admin has jumped to judgement and made too quick of a call.  Prediction: Out of court settlement with a Non-Disclosure agreement. Problem with USF, they are using someone else's money so lawsuits and bad coach's contracts and so on, dont bite the ones in the ass that make the quick decisions.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The rush to judgement happens too often and those that harm others that are innocent need to pay

Didn't say he was innocent, just that there wasn't enough criminal evidence to go forward. Plus there was the matter of a previous assault case that obviously came into play. Kind of agree with Frisco, it was a lose lose situation no matter which way they went...

56 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

you suspend him until the investigation is complete and leave him on scholarship.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Didn't say he was innocent, just that there wasn't enough criminal evidence to go forward. Plus there was the matter of a previous assault case that obviously came into play. Kind of agree with Frisco, it was a lose lose situation no matter which way they went...

innocent was the wrong word

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

16 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

you suspend him until the investigation is complete and leave him on scholarship.

Kind of agree with that but, and maybe I'm misunderstanding the process, he was never cleared per se. It doesn't mean he didn't do it, just that there wasn't enough evidence to continue the investigation, so USF would have had a controversial decision to make at that point ..... and it wouldn't have pleased everyone no matter what it was, lose/lose.