• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Those crazy kids at the Oracle are at it again: USF football attendance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

When I want to be miserable I just go to the dentist or clean my bathroom. 

When I want to be miserable I just come here ....

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

When I want to be miserable I just go to the dentist or clean my bathroom. 

Yet here you are…

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

We shouldn’t entirely dismiss the dismayed. We have a lot to be ashamed of and to be angry about. It’s true, it’s factual. 

But we also have a chance to climb out of this crevasse. We should have optimism that there’s a chance we can recover.  Just beause activity comes late, doesn’t mean it’s too late. It’s better than never.

We’ve missed opportunities time and time again and we shot ourselves in the foot. But it looks like for once we’re going to find a way to a better place. Let’s enjoy it and bring the dismayed along with us.  

P.S.   Absolving the USF administrators of any responsibility and chalking everything up to random chance or the the idea “it could be” worse isn’t helpful either.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

We shouldn’t entirely dismiss the dismayed. We have a lot to be ashamed of and to be angry about. It’s true, it’s factual. 

But we also have a chance to climb out of this crevasse. We should have optimism that there’s a chance we can recover.  Just beause activity comes late, doesn’t mean it’s too late. It’s better than never.

We’ve missed opportunities time and time again and we shot ourselves in the foot. But it looks like for once we’re going to find a way to a better place. Let’s enjoy it and bring the dismayed along with us.  

P.S.   Absolving the USF administrators of any responsibility and chalking everything up to random chance or the the idea “it could be” worse isn’t helpful either.  

Pop Tv Ok GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

There has been a lot of missed opportunity.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, Brad said:

There has been a lot of missed opportunity.

Judy left the athletics in terrible shape. She did great things for academics, but at the expense of athletics. I  care only about football improving at this point. It is so sad because all of the current students never got to experience the magic of college football I did as a student when we were beating some big time programs and the stadium was rocking. It will be hard for them to get the graduated over the last 5-10 years to really believe in this program and get in the stands. Hopefully the OCS brings backs a lot of the fans who stopped caring or going to the games, and gets the students in their seats.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Yep, on all of that. Better to go forward and try to be positive. Nope. I'm not "ashamed" of anything <since it was all beyond my control> maybe, more like embarrassed. Of course, as you see( more) Rebuilding and a Future OCS and "maybe" an IPF finshed by next season...when your in your 70's, kinda a bummer trying to project out too far. 

yoda preach.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,336
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Judy left the athletics in terrible shape. She did great things for academics, but at the expense of athletics. I  care only about football improving at this point. It is so sad because all of the current students never got to experience the magic of college football I did as a student when we were beating some big time programs and the stadium was rocking. It will be hard for them to get the graduated over the last 5-10 years to really believe in this program and get in the stands. Hopefully the OCS brings backs a lot of the fans who stopped caring or going to the games, and gets the students in their seats.

There will be a bump in attendance in the beginning to be sure.  People who are curious, people for whom it is now convenient to attend, etc.  It won't last long, so that will be a window of opportunity to keep them in the stadium for more than curiosity.  Marketing and community relations will be very important to maintain interest until we get in a better conference and have better home opponents.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Boom.  Just imagine if you can help by showing USF how to lead the way out of this crevasse.   We can do it, you build a IPF and OCS, things will change.  Have faith and keep USF Admin held accountable.  You vote with your dollars.  You call them up and let them know you are sending money because they are investing.  They stop, you stop.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, Brad said:

**** em .... Life's too short.