• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

It's not necessarily unprecedented for a HC to return in another capacity. Tom Osborne and Barry Alvarez returned to their respective programs as athletic directors -- while they didn't build Nebraska and Wisconsin, respectively from the ground up, they are considered the modern godfathers of their programs.

Now, obviously this is completely different -- CJL left under entirely different circumstances, and this would mean returning as subordinate to another coach, which I'm sure he wouldn't do anyways. I know it's not a realistic idea (nor a good one for that matter). My real points probably more so being that:

• We need a DC and CJL is a fine one who may be out of a job soon with SMUs new coach coming in.

• With Judy gone and given the malaise that's been around the team, it'd be great to reconcile with CJL and get him involved with the program again in some fashion.

• We need to get Brad Scott out of here and CJS needs another mentor -- I don't like the idea of having a family member on staff in an advisory capacity. Reminds me of how CWT insists on bringing Raymond Woodie with him everywhere regardless of whether he was qualified. Not a family member, but a family friend, same kind of idea.

Couldn't agree more. Up until this point, we've completely avoided any decisions or missteps that have been damaging to the program 😉

I really would not mind it all and I think he deserves the opportunity (even as an administrator). However, it’s like telling a kid Santa is not real. Sorry, JL is not coming back on any level. It. ain’t. happening.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, TheUpperHand said:

It's not necessarily unprecedented for a HC to return in another capacity. Tom Osborne and Barry Alvarez returned to their respective programs as athletic directors -- while they didn't build Nebraska and Wisconsin, respectively from the ground up, they are considered the modern godfathers of their programs.

You can read up on Arizona State and how they mended the giant rift in the fan base and community when they brought back Frank Kush.  

Some of this stuff is so easy. 

Prior to the hiring of CJS, CJL longed to be reached out to, but was not.  It seems USF admins can't address the horrible mistakes of their predecessors.  Perhaps because they want their successors to toe the line as well.  It's the business.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

Based on 1 game? 

Bit of a knee jerk reaction...he didn't a phenomenal job...I'll give him that

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

How long you got?

How long you got?

It’s your time that is wasting not mine…🤷‍♂️

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Bit of a knee jerk reaction...he didn't a phenomenal job...I'll give him that

😂  It's a good knee jerk reaction....who didn't like seeing us play aggressively and tackle?  It was fun to watch.  I was thinking of President instead of DC.   

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

image.png.a9ae1e2d6dbc61ad4c677364786271b7.png

All but 2 of the QB's we played against were better than our QB. He had a spurt of good play in our mid season games and BYU but then tanked w/ about 30% good play to 70% poor to terrible play. This was the 2nd set of ESPN guys to mention his running around in circles. I know McC has a lot of fans on here and of course CJS seems to see the sun rise and set on him but....CJS better realize that his QB is running around the backfield with his paychecks in his pocket. He played a lot of reps this season but looked very poor in our final 2 games. 

• Upvote 2

The D was much improved-amazingly. Sims has a lot of experience and I think ex-NFL guys bring a lot of knowledge and technique to the college level. Sims the DC?? Could be....?  I've wondered if BJ is even working with McC?? BJ came in as an advisor to the running backs originally. Somebody has got to work with that kid. He is so one dimensional defenses shut him down rapidly. I still say-he cant see the field or throw across his body. At the end he had Brinkman standing about 3 yds from the goal line in the open but he was too busy running in circles. To bad. With a time out in our pocket we might have got that win but.....we seem to burn them like there's a dozen.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

All but 2 of the QB's we played against were better than our QB. He had a spurt of good play in our mid season games and BYU but then tanked w/ about 30% good play to 70% poor to terrible play. This was the 2nd set of ESPN guys to mention his running around in circles. I know McC has a lot of fans on here and of course CJS seems to see the sun rise and set on him but....CJS better realize that his QB is running around the backfield with his paychecks in his pocket. He played a lot of reps this season but looked very poor in our final 2 games. 

A true freshman qb is still a true freshman qb and if Timmy was totally capable of coming in and being consistently good all year we probably wouldn't have gotten him. He's showed enough flashes that he could be the one but still like the 2 commits we've gotten. Like someone else mentioned, with the new transfer rules, you've got to keep that position well stocked.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A true freshman qb is still a true freshman qb and if Timmy was totally capable of coming in and being consistently good all year we probably wouldn't have gotten him. He's showed enough flashes that he could be the one but still like the 2 commits we've gotten. Like someone else mentioned, with the new transfer rules, you've got to keep that position well stocked.

I know he didn't start the season as the starter.  But there use to be a saying that by the end of the year there are no Rookies.  So by now he isn't really a Freshman, with that caveat.

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yep. He did get a lot of playing time and he did have AhHa moments. With all the coaching changes I imagine there might be some starter types in the portal soon. I think we will see Marsh or Fortin transfer I'd be surprised if they didnt. I'd like to see CJS bring in a starter type guy then give McC a good, honest comparison. See if he really is that guy. The freshman tag only works for so long if you're a starter at D-1 level. Like Marsh-he looked exactly like last year he showed no improvement. Has talent but not game changing. Time will tell. I was on the shelf on McC but his last 2 games were pathetic instead of showing vast improvement.