• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring Danny home

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,472
  • Days Won:  13

22 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Spencer was also our secondary coach, think Danny would settle for that job? Or he's only coming for a DC job?

He's an FCS DC... and would make a great DC for USF.  Young scrappy and hungry will be a great perspective.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, hm101 said:

Wont help us on Friday. 

It just sucks that even though next year is year 3 under Scott, next year is year 1 for a brand new D as I imagine we will bring in a ton of new people on the field and an entire new defensive staff. 

Scott named Fortin the starter if we recall. He hung on way too long to Spencer. He needs to be making better and quicker decisions. 

Scott is a fantastic young coach and I believe he will eventually get us "there", but I am frustrated with the on the job training occurring right now. Unless VPMK and Scott are privy to some information we all don't have, I don't think we have time for a 7 year rebuild. We need to be competitive against UCF THIS FRIDAY, and go to a bowl game next year.  

Next level analysis. Cjs is a fantastic young coach? He cost us games with bad calls,  is terrible at recruiting, had zero player development on defense , he has 1 fbs win in 1 year.  The only thing he seems to be fantastic at is building a losing culture.  Please tell me how he is a fantastic coach?

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I like this idea. He seems to have been successful everywhere he has been. His investment into the program would not be questioned. I say he should be on the short list.

42 minutes ago, E.T. said:

He was Safeties . . . Barlow is CB's, probably our interm DC.

See DV as a position coach, sure Scott already has a short list for DC.

I would be shocked is Scott has anyone in mind or anyone that wants to come here . Probably he some retread his dad recommends or some old Clemson coach past his prime.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Probably he some retread his dad recommends or some old Clemson coach past his prime.

Yeah unless the retread is a HUGE fish (Muschamp level) I'd almost rather have some up and coming P5 position coach I've never heard of.

Tom Allen was the linebackers and special teams coach at ole miss before we got him. Give me someone that makes me think you've done your homework, not just the hot name on twitter

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, bulloni said:

Yeah unless the retread is a HUGE fish (Muschamp level) I'd almost rather have some up and coming P5 position coach I've never heard of.

Tom Allen was the linebackers and special teams coach at ole miss before we got him. Give me someone that makes me think you've done your homework, not just the hot name on twitter

I can see the reactions now on this here board.  Bullwinkle J Moose from Whattsamotta U, who coached the middle linebacker position, has been hired as USF's Defensive Coordinator.  That would go over well.  Not saying it wouldn't work but Puc would want him fired before he got here.  Unless CJL's daughter had gone into coaching football there isn't anyone good enough.  And then we couldn't say that Weiss is the youngest coach on the team. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I'm all for bringing home proven, experienced, successful USF Bull's alum for athletics or academics. We need a massive dose of 💓 and Horn's. People with a vested interest in our university's success that goes deeper than a paycheck. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I would be shocked is Scott has anyone in mind or anyone that wants to come here . Probably he some retread his dad recommends or some old Clemson coach past his prime.

Baby Doll Crying GIF

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Would Danny want to come here and work for a coach that is currently 8 to 1 odds of getting canned knowing he might get fired after next season?  He might because it’s his alma mater.  Similar situation to Kerwin Bell coming here in Chuckles last year.  Coincidentally Danny was Kerwins DC at Valdosta state.

Why do I feel I just summoned puc to this thread?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Baby Doll Crying GIF

Am I wrong ?