• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AD possible candidate for U.Of Miami ad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Interesting perspective, but I think CJS is more motivated to win than you think. Winning means better recruits, being able to sell the program, to get a WINNING culture in there. That's why he consistently goes for it on 4th down, because he knows his best shot at winning is to score on every drive because his defense is swiss cheese. He's also essentially telling the team that field goals wont cut it. 

He's trying to take the attitude of the 2016 team without having Quinton Flowers and Marlon Mack. I would fear to face a team like the Bulls two years from now with a junior McClain and a senior Mangham. 

Don’t disagree with anything you said there. I think CJS is trying to win and develop young players without getting anyone hurt. I suspect at the outset of the season and even in the NC State game it was obvious that Timmy McClain was our best chance at winning but CJS wasn't coaching for just this season. Thus, in hindsight, it makes sense that he didn't start Timmy in the UF game. 

I also believe the main goal of the defense is not to get players hurt and keep the play in front of them. Maybe it's just the scheme but I tend to doubt it.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Has this thread hit rock bottom yet?

It’s worse than the stadium thread but not as bad as the realignment thread…yet…

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, bulloni said:

lot to unpack there lmao

You sound like my shrink before I determined I was fine and the rest of the world was the issue 

8 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

No, it just doesn't make sense because USF hasn't officially turned the corner yet.  It looks like they are about to, but that would be some pretty clairvoyant action on UM's part.

So next year? Again? Exactly how many decades is VPMKs plan before he comes halfway to being as accomplished as Harlan? Harlan was a not nice person that many on here didn’t care for but there is a reason he got hired up and the thought of anyone hiring VPMK for any decision making position even at HCC is laughable. He is the nicely wrapped gift at the white elephant exchange, all surface and completely lacking in substance but hey he shows up to women’s volleyball games and tweets nice things, may even remember most of our names and shake our hands so who cares that he runs the worst athletics program in the nation and has less success than our current university President. Literally everything he touches has turned to garbage and if this were the French Revolution he would be first in line for the peoples razor. If he were actually a nice person he would quit because he has to know he is robbing us blind with only negative returns on his “efforts”, grab a random person from the janitorial staff or the crazy preacher from in front of Cooper hall and the math says they can’t do worse than the VP of failure. 

4 hours ago, jg233 said:

So they are determined to not have a culture of winning?...not sure I agree with that.

It’s the only way to explain the trajectory of their “plan”, if the plan in any way is to have even the smallest sliver of success they are the most incompetent clowns in the history of college athletics.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So next year? Again?

Yes, I think so this time.  

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s worse than the stadium thread but not as bad as the realignment thread…yet…

The realignment thread is definitely my favorite thread.

Just now, Rocky Style said:

I love your optimism in the face of all evidence, keep hope alive 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

The realignment thread is definitely my favorite thread.

It’s my guilty pleasure as well, stocked with nonsense, disappointments, and hope all that the same time. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

So next year? Again? Exactly how many decades is VPMKs plan before he comes halfway to being as accomplished as Harlan? Harlan was a not nice person that many on here didn’t care for but there is a reason he got hired up and the thought of anyone hiring VPMK for any decision making position even at HCC is laughable. He is the nicely wrapped gift at the white elephant exchange, all surface and completely lacking in substance but hey he shows up to women’s volleyball games and tweets nice things, may even remember most of our names and shake our hands so who cares that he runs the worst athletics program in the nation and has less success than our current university President. Literally everything he touches has turned to garbage and if this were the French Revolution he would be first in line for the peoples razor. If he were actually a nice person he would quit because he has to know he is robbing us blind with only negative returns on his “efforts”, grab a random person from the janitorial staff or the crazy preacher from in front of Cooper hall and the math says they can’t do worse than the VP of failure. 

Actually not sure MK is a nice guy either, rather stiff, has a stick up his ass, very ambitious but also realizing he has hit his ceiling. He is in his early 50’s realizing he sacrificed too much time with the family chasing something that didn’t materialize.  Missed out on many years with kids growing up that he will never get back and now stuck here trying to figure out an escape plan.  This hits a little too close to home 😀we would never be drinking buddies but still hope he proves all of us wrong.  I want to believe he is the right guy. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't read the 9 pages so don't know if this was mentioned. He has a daughter attending Miami.