• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AD possible candidate for U.Of Miami ad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

10 hours ago, hm101 said:

Stick around for a few years here, see the momentum we have going on through to at least semi-completion, then assess. It's too early to hop and yet another reset job.

Otherwise, one would go the Way of Willie.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

20 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I don't think the Hurricane fans would be too happy with Taggart either after his run at FSU.

Unless...He went there and kicked butt in the ACC and then beat the stuffings(see Thanksgiving tie in?)out of FSU.      Isn't the world of make believe wonderful??  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Brad said:

This is one of the worst ever threads I have ever seen here. So much ignorance mixed with negativity.  A true piece of art for morons.  

HA! It's the world of Fantasy so you wanted what?? Accuracy? Something of Historical significance? Facts?    You must remember: There are the "Morons" and the "Lessons" it is diff at times for people to choose their category correctly.  👍   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, Brad said:

This is one of the worst ever threads I have ever seen here. So much ignorance mixed with negativity.  A true piece of art for morons.  

I'm not sure how you single out this particular thread when ignorance mixed with negativity is a universal commodity on this site, the internet and pretty much worldwide these days.

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

USF VP of Athletics Kelly Maestros Masterful Schedule Rebuild

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

12 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I'm not sure how you single out this particular thread when ignorance mixed with negativity is a universal commodity on this site, the internet and pretty much worldwide these days.

I'm guessing it's the aspects of blaming the current AD for the Harlanification of USF.  

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I'm guessing it's the aspects of blaming the current AD for the Harlanification of USF.  

Well OK then, count me in.  But I think it is spelled "Harlanfornication of USF."

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, E.T. said:

USF VP of Athletics Kelly Maestros Masterful Schedule Rebuild

That’s a really weird pic

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

lane kiffin is being mentioned for cane job

their ad picked and failed on 3 head football coaches

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don’t see this as a negative thread. It’s a mildly amusing concept that a program like Miami would even want to venture down a similar path that USF chose several years ago with Michael Kelly. Especially with the desire for immediate improvement in Coral Gables.

I don’t know where the mention of Michael Kelly to UM even came from other than the Miami Herald just throwing it out there.

Michael Kelly has broadcast his plan, mind you cryptically so people don't go nuts. He has come in and incrementally fixed what he could (improvement in olympic sports, improved football future schedules, IPF) but it seems he has been given an incredibly long leash and time horizon to do so. Maybe that is what is necessary at a place like USF. Fans are typically impatient but there are few of us left with very little influence.

Kelly said at the outset back in 2018, keep calm. In other words, be patient. I imagine when he reached out to Dabo Swinney about Jeff Scott, he guaranteed 3 years with no pressure or expectations. Dabo didn’t do anything at Clemson for 3 years and I wouldn’t be shocked if Dabo said it will take at least 3 years to implement the Clemson culture. That’s the body language from Michael Kelly and Jeff Scott and company that I see.

I am not even so sure the goal of the coaching staff is to win this season. It has felt like they are just trying to get through the season to get Timmy and their players more mature and get to their recruits for next year. Those of you rooting for a change at DC are likely to be highly disappointed. I don’t see any pressure on Spencer.

I hope they can all pull it off. We are having to watch this long culture rebuild… so at this point, we might as well see it through. The admins seem to be determined not to go back to a Leavitt or Taggart culture so I hope it works or we will just become Rice.

• Go Bulls! 1