• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Protocol for Tulane game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I went to N.O a month ago and couldnt even get into a Mcdonald w/o a vaccine card. So if you are vaccinated, bring your proof. 

It is on the list of things to pack. Have a photo on my phone as well. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, Rizman said:

Reason I am not going.  They can suck their covid policy.

I took their shots and had a chronic cough and mush poop for the better part of 2 months after the second.  I had not been to the doctor in 8 years so I am fine since I don't have health issues.  I don't question people who are concerned about it all who may not be healthy or have concerns about side effects.  I agree the protocols are irrational for an outside venue.  I have a card but have chosen to avoid places where I would have to show it. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Upvote 3

I went there our last visit for football. Their stadium is very nice and the people were friendly.  They even have some decent local beers (I don't buy any of the crap they sell at Raymond James) if you are inclined.  The prices for tickets are very reasonable.  I hope things get better because New Orleans used to be such a  great place to visit. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Better chance you will die from Mickey D’s then the Rona so hopefully you bypassed that death trap 😀

New Orleans has such great food choices available, I would imagine he just needed to go to the can. 🙃

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

For the BBQ fans you absolutely must go to The Joint. One of those where people start lining up before they open.

"...always smokin" barbecue pork, brisket, ribs, chicken and more. 701 Mazant St (at Royal) in The Bywater, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70117. Restaurant, full bar, outdoor...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Was trying to find the bag policy for the Mrs for the Tulane game and came across this page.  Details covid policies and allows the 12 x 12 x 6 clear bags.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/2021/8/19/2021-covid-19-protocols.aspx

Did you go there in 2017?  If so, what did you think of their venue?  If not, I would like to hear what you think of it after Nov 20.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

The stadium and the area around it are similar to what you might see in Ivy league areas. Old stately homes, tree lined walks. They control it pretty good. Better to get the permit parking pass it works out better-closer. Last time we were there people were friendly. Now, reality is...area off a few blocks and you could poss run into a problem. We have always stayed at an RV/Marina about 8 miles from the stadium and taken a cab. Walking around late at night?? Ha...

We aren't going this time due to all the prolonged plague crap going on. Maybe someday it will change?? BS

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Better chance you will die from Mickey D’s then the Rona so hopefully you bypassed that death trap 😀

I was buying food for some volunteers for a donation drive for Haiti lol I dont touch fast food in New Orleans b/c the local spots are better. But Ill have an occasional Big Mac....guilty pleasure.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

You might want to go to the game like this.

IDaCqTYY_400x400.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I booked this trip before all this mandate nonsense so I’m going, however I won’t go back to New Orleans until this garbage is over.