• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you see us closing out the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nah, I would rather wait until the season is complete before giving judgement and support these players who are working hard. Not in denial, but if I am going to **** on the team in the middle of the season. 

Who said anything about ******** on the team? Players aren’t the problem (well maybe some), but coaching is a HUGE part of the game, especially at the college level. CJS hasn’t been able to learn from mistakes this year and last. Let’s see if that all changes

First order of business should getting a new DC and maybe parting ways with some guys on staff who were just playing ball a few years ago themselves. I’m all for giving opportunity but aside from Spencer it’s all guys who have never coached before for the most part. 

Edited by StPeteBull91

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, StPeteBull91 said:

Who said anything about ******** on the team? Players aren’t the problem (well maybe some), but coaching is a HUGE part of the game, especially at the college level. CJS hasn’t been able to learn from mistakes this year and last. Let’s see if that all changes

First order of business should getting a new DC and maybe parting ways with some guys on staff who were just playing ball a few years ago themselves. I’m all for giving opportunity but aside from Spencer it’s all guys who have never coached before for the most part. 

Well, the coaches are also on the team…I believe. In terms of the DC, no argument from me and I suspect he will not be around after the season. The offense has certainly improved but the defense has not done so from last year. As you mention talent, that is why these final games are vital to next year. We need to see who can step to a higher level and who cannot as this will impact our recruiting for transfers and the portal. Look I am just as pissed as anyone about this year. Hell I am still not over that friggin Tulsa game. But I want to see who steps up (including coaches) and who does not in these final games (when little is on the line) and then I’ll give my judgement. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

So incredibly sad that we are going to go 2-10 this year.

CJS NEEDS to go to a bowl next year, if not, g.t.f.o. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And the whiners will keep on whining…

I mean dude...At this point, cmon.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

oh no toilet GIF by Poo~Pourri

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

I mean dude...At this point, cmon.

Again, not going to judge while USF players are still trying to do their best. I’ll wait until the end of the season has been fully completed. Or another way to look at it is autopsies are usually not done until, well you know…

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

So incredibly sad that we are going to go 2-10 this year.

CJS NEEDS to go to a bowl next year, if not, g.t.f.o. 

Rumor is that CJS is going to get a 2-year extension to make up for COVID and the scholarship reduction from Strong.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Rumor is that CJS is going to get a 2-year extension to make up for COVID and the scholarship reduction from Strong.

Makes sense as I'm sure teams are clamoring to hire him away ha

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Appears there is a good old donnybrook going on. Things are a bit testy possibly some should take a break for a minute and think about something else. Possibly a little school spirit will help....

usf panties.jpg

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nah, I would rather wait until the season is complete before giving judgement and support these players who are working hard. Not in denial, but if I am going to **** on the team in the middle of the season. 

Agreed. I'd also say we need to give CJS a couple more seasons. Has he shown anything that makes me think he can turn it around? Not really. But, there were extenuating circumstances. More than that, though, we need some **** stability in coaching. This carousel of (bad) coaches has destroyed the program. We can't afford to reboot the program yet again, especially if there's any way at all we're in play for the B12 right now. 

If somehow we boot CJS without having to pay him off, what then? We bring in another unknown (either washout/scandalized from better program or an up-and-comer from D2 or whatever who may or may not have the chops for this level) and we're back to square one. Rebuild culture, rebuild game, loose recruits, gain recruits, yadda yadda yadda. Three more years of trying to crawl our way back.

This isn't basketball, I don't get the people who think we can just plug in a new coach and go 9-2 the next year. That just can't happen. And if it were to happen anywhere in the world, it **** sure wouldn't happen at USF. Have they all forgotten about the curse?

• Upvote 2