• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ZERO Coverage in TBT Printed Edition

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Cornada said:

Digital version has an article.  My guess is that with their  limitations due to down sizing people and outsourcing the printing and that it was a late game there was not enough time to get the results of the game in print.

And I totally get that, but the fact they didn't have us alongside the Lightning headline saying check late game coverage in the digital version and this is the first week we've been left off the up next for state teams listing really sucks.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Go to Twitter, Matt Baker will whine about how much they do already and provide you with excuses.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The Oracle has better coverage, and these are students doing it for free for the experience.  :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

Go to Twitter, Matt Baker will whine about how much they do already and provide you with excuses.

I am tired of him.  I am also tired of the lazy media scouring Twitter for stories.  Twitter is just full of clowns looking for their 15 seconds of fame by posting something contraversial.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  108

This isn't just about the Bulls. As others have pointed out, since they shifted the printing over to Lakeland there is zero coverage of night games in print.  Not Bulls, Lightning, Rays.  All the articles are either day games or fluff pieces about players, etc.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Okay, so I still read the printed Sunday paper.  This morning I head to the sports section with anticipation of a great read thinking a game that ends at 10pm will surely be in the printed version.  There is ZERO coverage in the sports section.  Not even a "coverage of the Bulls late game is in the online version" as they, of course, did for the lighting on page 1.  And on page 2 where they list "State up next", the game with ECU is not there!  They list UCF at Temple and Florida vs. Georgia.  The hometown team and there is not one mention of USF or the Bulls anywhere, It's all about Mullen getting paid too much.  Shameful!

GO BULLS!

That’s just wrong.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 10/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, widerberg said:

Yeah, I don't understand how USF has never been able to make inroads with local print media. You'd think after all these years there would be some sort of relationship. 

Two words: quiet . . . fans.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I said this would happen years ago when everyone was pilling on those who did cover the program. Careful what you wish for...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

I don't think it's personal.  If USF got clicks, they would put up articles.  Winning would maybe help.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

22 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

This isn't just about the Bulls. As others have pointed out, since they shifted the printing over to Lakeland there is zero coverage of night games in print.  Not Bulls, Lightning, Rays.  All the articles are either day games or fluff pieces about players, etc.

Agree completely that this being a bit overblown but also agree that there should have been an indicator like the one for the Bolts about game story being in online edition ..... It's one of those things separating us from the ****heads since they're in an area with only one major sport and it's easier to push the hometown team concept.