• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can the green lights stay on all game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

ESPN to USF:  Well, you can have your green lights all game long ... or you can be televised.

I would argue that we would be better off right now being less televised. There was a reason the nfl used to block local coverage until a sellout. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would argue that we would be better off right now being less televised. There was a reason the nfl used to block local coverage until a sellout. 

As a fan in Raleigh, it would suck to have to use the "Gamecast" to see what's going on... so I'd rather they be on TV than not. 

If ESPN could block "local" then it would be interesting to see what would happen.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That was to try to force ticket sales. For us, nobody cares so while I like the idea of trying to force more butts in seats, I think you need to show them something on TV first to entice them back in person. Outside of die-hards, who's buying USF tickets anymore?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

As a fan in Raleigh, it would suck to have to use the "Gamecast" to see what's going on... so I'd rather they be on TV than not. 

If ESPN could block "local" then it would be interesting to see what would happen.

8 minutes ago, widerberg said:

That was to try to force ticket sales. For us, nobody cares so while I like the idea of trying to force more butts in seats, I think you need to show them something on TV first to entice them back in person. Outside of die-hards, who's buying USF tickets anymore?

I suppose I’m just looking at it from my perspective and assuming there are more people like me. I invented reasons I couldn’t go because I could watch it on tv and if we lose, which has been all too often, it feels better the less you put into it ( conversely winning feels better the more effort you put into it)

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, MikeG said:

if we act like it is something we want, the TSA will surely put an end to it.

so true leave it to the establishment to throw a wet towel on it

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

It really was a fun night!

So pleasing to read!!  Glad those there were able to enjoy the night!! It has to be an event, an experience. Starts with winning then all these other things multiply on it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, stonedonkey said:

Looked pretty awesome in person 

20211023_212119.jpg

Dang....Green Lights look really cool!!  Amount of people in the stands....not so much!  ;(

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

The new light show is very cool and done just at the right times.  Also EVERYONE gets behind the new hamster video - us oldies, young kids and all those in between.  It really was a fun night!

That little rat doing Freddie Mercury and the Green Lights between 3rd and 4th were some of the things I've missed not staying until the end of games. Have to say that rat but a huge smile on my face the entire time it was playing.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I liked hearing the out of her mind girl that was screaming "a lot" during the game. She obviously was having a great time or maybe, green lights cause her to go off....but, it was good to hear the crowd get into the game. Wish the camera guy would have showed the students more, I think it would be good so they can see themselves on the screen maybe even cause more to come?? Of course, student sections have been a little "expressive" lately maybe espn is getting gun shy. Ha!