• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF extends presidential search timeline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

44U7AI4WMBBD5KE4GJSCCFR4KY.jpg

In trying to figure out what to look for in its next president, search committee members wax nostalgic for former president Judy Genshaft.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, BDYZR said:
44U7AI4WMBBD5KE4GJSCCFR4KY.jpg

In trying to figure out what to look for in its next president, search committee members wax nostalgic for former president Judy Genshaft.

Yep, bring back Judy and she can take us all the way down to D3, if the clowns are looking for some goof ball like her then we are already sunk.  They are going to wait another 6 mos to get someone, what a bunch of incompetent buffoons.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, bring back Judy and she can take us all the way down to D3, if the clowns are looking for some goof ball like her then we are already sunk.  They are going to wait another 6 mos to get someone, what a bunch of incompetent buffoons.  

The search committee isn't sitting around twiddling their thumbs. They're listening to the community and doing what it takes to get this right. The head of the committee is one of athletics' most passionate supports who I guarantee recognizes the impact this hire will have on our teams.

Here's a thread he shared yesterday on how the process is going.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

So, who was involved in the last president hire??  If its any of these folks, then they should be replaced by someone else who can actually see what it is that this school is lacking in leadership. 

I had more on here about this and then I just said screw it, "they" will hire whomever they want to hire. The only one that normally wins is the search company $$$.. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

The search committee isn't sitting around twiddling their thumbs. They're listening to the community and doing what it takes to get this right. The head of the committee is one of athletics' most passionate supports who I guarantee recognizes the impact this hire will have on our teams.

Here's a thread he shared yesterday on how the process is going.

Thanks, this makes me feel much better, the prior article made me want to vomit, nostalgic for Judy, give me a freakin break. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

The way I read that is they are looking for someone that is out in the community like Judy was engaged with the community.  I remember going to events are town and she seemed to always be there. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

Interesting.

It's like... you want 6 things. Pick 3. 

I submitted my feedback. Heavily focused on athletics. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I don't believe the feedback is the reason for delay.  I don't think the surveys will have anything to do with the selection.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

The way I read that is they are looking for someone that is out in the community like Judy was engaged with the community.  I remember going to events are town and she seemed to always be there. 

This is an important aspect.  Tampa Bay is home to quite a large number of people who can write big big checks.  But they don't write them just because you ask -- you need to build relationships, one (of many) way to do this is to serve on boards of important community organizations (like United Way, Straz Center, and more).  The University has administrators who run the day to day... the president is the public face and provides overarching stragegic leadership.

Hopefully our next president understands the importance of athletics in the public image, and includes athletics as co-equal with academics and research in their strategy.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't believe the feedback is the reason for delay.  I don't think the surveys will have anything to do with the selection.

I don't think the surveys actually provided the committee with information they did not already have.  So, to that extent, you are probably right.

The delay, however, seems to be some disagreement of the "job description" they are crafting.

John Couris, president and CEO of Tampa General Hospital, warned that perhaps the committee should temper its expectations.

“We’re building an individual that may not exist,” he said. “This is a tall order. ... It may be unrealistic.”

The committee will draft a position profile to send to prospects within the next week and begin advertising shortly after.

• Upvote 1