• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF extends presidential search timeline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever issues people had with Genshaft she boosted fundraising to high levels for USF.  Maybe not enough for athletics, but the main point of college is to get an education.   We did not have football when I was at USF, but there were several athletics scandals before I was there, a few while I was there and some immediately after I graduated.   We do not need any of that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Which extends anything regarding the OCS announcement.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Why not the K.I.S.S. principal to deal with now and the near future. Convince Rhea Law that we need her to stay on for a short term stint. Let her get USF through the planning and funding stage for the OCS. Don't add someone from outside to come in with all their idea's from another place or worse, try to make USF into a another woke la la land college setting. Re: Ms. Law, subscribe to the Crosby, Stills, Nash song..."Love the One your With" .......I like the cut of her sails thus far as an observer. 

This way the search folks can take their time and not screwup as demonstrated previously. Out of 1900 potentials there has got to be a high number of Crazies! Get them to sniff around some of our USF alum that are administrators wherever. Better to steal a good one than hire someone who is building a resume or wants to Change The World..                 Amen 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

32 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Which extends anything regarding the OCS announcement.

Are we sure about that? Can anyone in the know speak to whether an announcement can happen before the president is selected?

had heard homecoming before but that’s not far away, would think something would have leaked by now if that was still the case

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

23 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Whatever issues people had with Genshaft she boosted fundraising to high levels for USF.  Maybe not enough for athletics, but the main point of college is to get an education.   We did not have football when I was at USF, but there were several athletics scandals before I was there, a few while I was there and some immediately after I graduated.   We do not need any of that.

While Judy can be taken to task for her handling of athletics, the University as a whole prospered under her tenure. I understand that this is an athletics board so the responses will be more geared towards that, but that woman got people energized for USF. She was visible and present at every event. She got the wealthy and corporations to open up their wallets. Her and Dougie tremendously hurt USF athletics, especially the football program, but USF as a whole was better for having had her. With that said, I hope that the next President has a far more balanced approach when considering the importance of intercollegiate athletics to the overall success and perception of a University. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

I like @BulledOver's idea. Get her contracted/committed for five or six years OR til we get an invite to move up, which ever comes first. I would assume that with that there would be concrete plan for an OCS if that is really a plan. I think she would be a tremendous boost to donations for athletics. 2¢

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I want a good football team as much as anyone here. But Judy was transformative for USF--we went from a middling commuter school to a legit research university under her watch and drive. Our degrees became far more valuable during that time.

Also, she was a die-hard Bull with a motor that was impressive--she was always at big events and small events alike, and always eager to talk to students, alumni, professors, etc.

If we find someone who can make half the progress Judy made during her time here we will be incredibly lucky.