• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, cougar king said:

UCF is 3-3 and still filled their stadium up on a Friday night. That stuff doesn't go unnoticed 

Cool story. When we have a 4 year win streak of championships, bowl games, etc. I'm sure our stadium will have just as many fans.  I've seen the citrus bowl and the bounce house empty as hell when they are down. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Cool story. When we have a 4 year win streak of championships, bowl games, etc. I'm sure our stadium will have just as many fans.  I've seen the citrus bowl and the bounce house empty as hell when they are down. 

UCFF.0.0.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

UCFF.0.0.jpg

Yep. I was at that one. I'm probably one of very few here that has spent years at both universities in the 2000s. **** you CJL and the 06-10 USF football for suckering me in! 😆

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That might be the least negative article I've seen from Matt Baker. He doesn't say much in the article but at least it wasn't full of him getting his jabs in every other paragraph.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

That might be the least negative article I've seen from Matt Baker. He doesn't say much in the article but at least it wasn't full of him getting his jabs in every other paragraph.

Very true! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, cougar king said:

UCF is 3-3 and still filled their stadium up on a Friday night. That stuff doesn't go unnoticed 

The announced number is 39.3K which is still good for a Friday night but actual is always lower, so not "filled up" ....

Four of the six teams the #AAC added this week have opened new football stadiums in the last decade.  #USF

We're already in the AAC so not sure the relevancy ...... 3 of the 4 teams that went P5 have 7 conf championships in the 8 years of the existence of the conference. There's your relevancy.

New facilities aren’t the only ways to invest — coaching salaries and staff sizes matter, too — but they’re the most visible. It’s telling that four of the six additions have built new football stadiums in the last decade.

Florida Atlantic and North Texas unveiled their 30,000-seat stadiums in 2011. Charlotte’s opened with the program in 2013, and the University of Alabama at Birmingham played its first game at the $200 million Protective Stadium earlier this month. All are either on campus or within three miles of it.

UAB didn't build their stadium, a municipality did and they're just renting ..... and within 3 miles of campus isn't on campus and that wouldn't do **** here according to the reasoning behind needing one. It's an incomplete article that he admits in his Tweet:

Let me be clear here with some nuance I didn't have room for: Facilities are not everything. An on-campus stadium isn't everything. RayJay is nice! If USF goes 10-2 from now until the next round of realignment, Bulls will be positioned well.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

The announced number is 39.3K which is still good for a Friday night but actual is always lower, so not "filled up" ....

That's an amazing number.  Will we get 7k?