• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

Another article with a bit of hope for USF to the B12...

american-athletic.jpg?w=640

The American Athletic Conference has expanded by adding Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, UTSA, and UAB. What does it all mean? What’s next?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Might not be on most peoples travel list but I would like to see Rice University. Their stadium does have a lot of history and their campus with the courtyard looks beautiful.

I'll go to all of them at least once.  It's a fun way to see the country and get embedded in the local scene for a few days.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hm101 said:

But correct me if I'm wrong I think Rice is probably the top academic program in the conference now. 

No one defeats The Judy.

Okay a day later I still think the glut of Texas is quite boring...  BUT I just realized I can drive a couple hours west for UAB.  Duh.  Okay this is very convenient with Charlotte and UAB.  Also, I love going to the beach at Boca with the nice clear water.  I see road trips in the future.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Might not be on most peoples travel list but I would like to see Rice University. Their stadium does have a lot of history and their campus with the courtyard looks beautiful.

Hmmnnn, maybe Ill try it.  I see it advertised a lot of places.

Rice Bowl GIF by Long John Silver's

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, I’ve seen you post this before. Ill agree to disagree…there is academics USF vs ucf but no president would want the stink of those two community colleges being talked about. Now, might they still take them? Sure, they could hold their nose and say yes but I would be willing to bet that they better have a plan to upgrade the academic side. Don’t think for a moment that ucf was not helped by their medical school. Houston although at 178 has upgraded significantly in the past ten years, and Cincy (148) has been decent for years. Boise and Memphis are above 250 which is just putrid. 

I guess the only hole in your argument is it is a sports conference where they actually compete in sports, and for the most part the football and basketball teams recruit the same substandard students.  If they were creating a conference to compete in mathematics or physics your view would have more merit.  Nobody gives a **** in the sports world if we are preeminent and c is not, maybe a couple crusty old professors like you but that is about it.  

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Nobody gives a **** in the sports world if we are preeminent and c is not, maybe a couple crusty old professors like you but that is about it.  

Maybe, but just in case we are WAY more preeminent.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Maybe, but just in case we are WAY more preeminent.  

Don’t disagree, not so much when I was there but it is a nice I guess however would trade that **** in a heartbeat for a seat at the big boys table.  I would also take a win against any FBS school, been a while.  I wonder if the students rush the field if we win tomorrow.  We should probably try to convince the 20 or so students now just in case we finally win a game. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

14 hours ago, hm101 said:

They add a lot to the academics of the conference. No offense to Charlotte or ECU but it's nice to have schools like Rice and Tulane carrying the academic banner. I'd put us and Temple up there too. 

But correct me if I'm wrong I think Rice is probably the top academic program in the conference now. 

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

No one defeats The Judy.

Rice needs to apologize and stop tampering with academics.  Or else.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I guess the only hole in your argument is it is a sports conference where they actually compete in sports, and for the most part the football and basketball teams recruit the same substandard students.  If they were creating a conference to compete in mathematics or physics your view would have more merit.  Nobody gives a **** in the sports world if we are preeminent and c is not, maybe a couple crusty old professors like you but that is about it.  

Fair point but I don’t think it is a hole in the argument. The power conferences also want to be identified collectively relative to academics as well. You can certainly see that with the PAC, ACC, and the B10. In fact their is a collective academic rank/perception about B10 schools where they use the phrases “we are a B10 school.” I agree that is probably less so with the B12, but they are a different bird in survival mode. Let me put it this way: if we get our **** together on the field and their is a decision between USF and Memphis we will win every time. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1