• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Rep. Ross Spano (District 59, Rep., Hillsborough)

Sen. John Legg (District 17, Rep., Hillsborough/Pasco)

Both of these folks are USF alum and represent the area that would be directly benefitted by increased revenue from BXII  membership.

I know we're taking a "behind closed doors" approach but it sure would be nice if one of these guys mused on camera, "gee golly, it sure would be good for the State of Florida and Tampa Bay Area if the BXII would take a gander at this here university" or some-such.  

You know, a kind word.  Something.  But we get nothing but crickets (and Fennelly).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, TExpress said:

Maybe one of our fine County Commissioners will step up to the plate....

Both Les and Gwen Miller graduated from USF also Ed Narain is a past USF student Body President current state Rep and currently running for State Senate.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Rep. Ross Spano (District 59, Rep., Hillsborough)

Sen. John Legg (District 17, Rep., Hillsborough/Pasco)

Both of these folks are USF alum and represent the area that would be directly benefitted by increased revenue from BXII  membership.

I know we're taking a "behind closed doors" approach but it sure would be nice if one of these guys mused on camera, "gee golly, it sure would be good for the State of Florida and Tampa Bay Area if the BXII would take a gander at this here university" or some-such.  

You know, a kind word.  Something.  But we get nothing but crickets (and Fennelly).

Don't forget about Shawn Harrison District 63 (USF '87)

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

If the Texas governor can push for Houston getting in Big 12, Florida's Texan governor Rick Scott should be pushing for USF and UCF getting in Big 12.  Let's get to work Scott.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Oldsmobull said:

If the Texas governor can push for Houston getting in Big 12, Florida's Texan governor Rick Scott should be pushing for USF and UCF getting in Big 12.  Let's get to work Scott.

Would be a major boost to both schools and the state of Florida. He certainly needs to make a strong push for us.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Expansion talk makes me want to cry. Lets just play football in the AAC, the best by far G5 conference. I can deal with that. Idk how to deal with losing possibly 3 of the best teams here to be stuck with Tulane, SMU, Tulsa, and whoever the hell else. August can't come fast enough

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

The president of the University of Texas just said he thinks UH would be a great fit for the B12.

You have to think they just got one spot...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,092
  • Days Won:  39

20 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Expansion talk makes me want to cry. Lets just play football in the AAC, the best by far G5 conference. I can deal with that. Idk how to deal with losing possibly 3 of the best teams here to be stuck with Tulane, SMU, Tulsa, and whoever the hell else. August can't come fast enough

Expansion talk makes me want to FLY!

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

If you scan the articles about Big-12 expansion the stores vary widely and contradict each other.   Sit back and wait.  However, I would like to see Judy and Mark getting their contacts to speak out.   Let them carry the stick for USF.   

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

29 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Can't wait to beat Navy.