• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

If the ACC is found liable for damages, who pays? Does the money come from the other member schools? How much money does the ACC have to even afford damages? Isn’t just an organization that would only have enough money to fund its operations? 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

If the ACC is found liable for damages, who pays? Does the money come from the other member schools? How much money does the ACC have to even afford damages? Isn’t just an organization that would only have enough money to fund its operations? 

Just make SMU pay for it

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, Cat941 said:

I Know Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Unbelievable that I would love to see us promoted to the ACC conference, yet these guys are suing to get out.  

Well they are suing to get into SEC which means they already have an invite or they wouldn’t be suing….

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,961
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Well they are suing to get into SEC which means they already have an invite or they wouldn’t be suing….

Criss Angel Magic GIF by DefyTV

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Gismo said:

I think they are not suing for any money, but to get out of the GOR buyout they can't afford or don't want to pay. FSU is the only power conference champion to go undefeated and not go to the playoffs. They had the 9th best strength of schedule, but they also barely beat some bad teams. FSU had a very up-and-down season before the Jordan Travis injury. I would have loved for them to get into the playoffs and get beat even worse than they did by Georiga. Georgia had more talented players sit out the bowl game and go to the draft that year than FSU. The CFB playoff committee left them out because their QB injury was unfair to them, and the playoffs last year were really the new SEC versus the new B1G, which is what conference realignment winners and the playoff committee want. If FSU was serious about getting into the SEC or B1G, they should have put in a better effort in their Ny6 bowl games against a former National Champion. Personally, I think the SEC and B1G commissioners are just egging this on and have no interest in sharing their money with other teams. There is a clear hierarchy and preference for treatment when it comes to athletic conferences. The kingmakers prefer SEC and B1G over any other conferences.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Everyone wants sec and b1g money. Since tbe playing  fields are not equal. 

You telling me we can't compete with Kirby Smart's 13M per year?

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,961
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Fred Savage No GIF by The Grinder

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Everyone wants sec and b1g money. Since tbe playing  fields are not equal. 

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

image.gif.5aa4489e433dbd3d702058c5f298aa09.gif

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I think they are not suing for any money, but to get out of the GOR buyout they can't afford or don't want to pay. FSU is the only power conference champion to go undefeated and not go to the playoffs. They had the 9th best strength of schedule, but they also barely beat some bad teams. FSU had a very up-and-down season before the Jordan Travis injury. I would have loved for them to get into the playoffs and get beat even worse than they did by Georiga. Georgia had more talented players sit out the bowl game and go to the draft that year than FSU. The CFB playoff committee left them out because their QB injury was unfair to them, and the playoffs last year were really the new SEC versus the new B1G, which is what conference realignment winners and the playoff committee want. If FSU was serious about getting into the SEC or B1G, they should have put in a better effort in their Ny6 bowl games against a former National Champion. Personally, I think the SEC and B1G commissioners are just egging this on and have no interest in sharing their money with other teams. There is a clear hierarchy and preference for treatment when it comes to athletic conferences. The kingmakers prefer SEC and B1G over any other conferences.

They did not want to put in an effort because they were getting smashed either way, the strategic plan was act like you weren’t trying to try conflate the issue if they were actually deserving, it was their only play. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, Gismo said:

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I think they are not suing for any money, but to get out of the GOR buyout they can't afford or don't want to pay. 

Clemson is now suing for "punitive damages to Clemson for the ACC's willful and malicious conduct", including "slander of title".  So the original question is still a valid one.