• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Correct. Apple wanted the whole package because they didn't want a network to take, say, Oregon v Washington while getting AppleTV+ users stuck with Oregon State vs Arizona State.  Apple wanted to make sure they would get the best games -- to help drive subscribers.

The future is streaming... at some point (5? 10?) years from now we will have streaming services and over-the-air broadcasts as cable TV goes away.

Heck... even the Big Ten has a bunch of games only available on Peacock this fall.

So, Apple didn't want that to happen, but let them walk to the networks anyway and now they'll get an even worse match up of Oregon State vs Tulane\SMU\USF\Memphis. Make that make sense?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

So, Apple didn't want that to happen, but let them walk to the networks anyway and now they'll get an even worse match up of Oregon State vs Tulane\SMU\USF\Memphis. Make that make sense?

What do you mean? That Beavers/Bulls match up is going to be lit, just be sure you bring plenty of beer to the party.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I have also never seen Ted Lasso, so I could finally watch that as well.

Never seen the show either but have seen enough of Ted Lasso to last a lifetime ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

I believe PAC needs at least 8 teams to be eligible for a spot in the 2024 playoffs which I heard is going to be worth tons of money. 

Those of us who have lived quite a few years remember when it was the PAC 8.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

What do you mean? That Beavers/Bulls match up is going to be lit, just be sure you bring plenty of beer to the party.

I think the Mean Green vs Cougars would be a bigger game 😂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I have not found anything definitive. The closest that I came was an article that referenced the old Big East required two-thirds of the members to dissolve. Assuming that is the case, and assuming that WSU and Navy only get half a vote each, it would take at least 10 members to dissolve. I highly doubt the conference can be dissolved with just 8 member votes. It typically requires a super majority of at least 2/3rds if not 3/4ths. 

I assume people are looking at the legislative process portion where everything says majority (conference governance pg 55) but those people are wrong it would be a board level decision where everything is 2/3 (pg 26)

THEAMERICAN.ORG

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Never seen the show either but have seen enough of Ted Lasso to last a lifetime ….

You can never see enough Roy Kent.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Apple wants to be all or nothing for the media deal. They're definitely exploring the best options to keep growing in the live sports market, but don't want to half ass it. So if they do make a deal, they want to have full control and the full inventory. They're prepared and not hurting if no deal shapes up. They won't overpay.

But I'm also a little skeptical they'll give a good deal for the post raid PAC. I'm actually not sure if they'd want to give any deal at all after it lost the teams it did. The old PAC wasn't the SEC but had enough worth building around for their venture in cfb broadcasting. A PAC/MWC/AAC, TBD if they want that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You can never see enough Roy Kent.

Good news! There is nowhere you can go where you would not see him, not here, not there because he is every f'n where.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

55 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We got a free 3 months of Apple TV when my wife got her new iPad. Well worth watching. Trial is up later this month but now hooked on The Morning Show. May have to put up the $8 or whatever for another month.

May snag one of those right before the season if we move to the PAC