• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Not sure what everyone thought would happen, but this was always the way it was going to work out.  IF, and that is a big IF, the reports of us keeping anywhere near 7 million a year in revenue is true, than that is a big time win compared to what we were looking at.  Yes, the conference sucks, but in the end nothing changes.  It was all about revenue.  Further, if the CFP does indeed increase to include the champions of the top six conferences, we (perhaps better said "the conference") have chance at the CFP or perhaps a a NY6 game (if such a thing remains intact). 

Also, if 7 million a year is true, it should extinguish the already silly independence talk.    

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Would've liked to see LA Tech instead of UNT from the CUSA choices. Can't believe SMU ok'd UNT. Can't believe USF ok'd FAU. 

ESPN screwed us again by not letting us raid the SBC. Outside of the MWC, the most exciting options were there.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

So does this mean App State and Coastal Carolina turned us down 😂

Edited by michibull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

22 minutes ago, michibull said:

So does this mean App State and Coastal Carolina turned us down 😂

Could we get William & Mary?  We could have the most historic league.  Yes, I am joking.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97

31 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Would've liked to see LA Tech instead of UNT from the CUSA choices. Can't believe SMU ok'd UNT. Can't believe USF ok'd FAU. 

ESPN screwed us again by not letting us raid the SBC. Outside of the MWC, the most exciting options were there.

It’s unbelevable. So SMU was okay with  UNT but also Rice and UTSA? We are okay with FAU? There’s alot of better programs to chose from and we will elevate these ones? SMU can at least decide to move to the MWC but our only other reasonable option is to go independent. Stick a fork in us we’re done. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Without question Aresco knows two more teams are leaving the AAC. 

Agreed. Between Memphis, SMU and USF right? Anyone else we think would be involved? This next couple years is essentially it. We better enjoy it while we have the slightest of hopes left. Would love to run into Genshaft one day🙃

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

I wonder what CUSA does in response? Do they invite USF, Tulane, ECU, and Temple to backfill? 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

Get ready for that USF v FAU rivalry. 🙂

Seriously, though, it sounds like the TV money will stay the same, so that's kind of a huge victory. It could have been a lot worse. I don't think recruiting will change much, because it hasn't been great lately to begin with. And, maybe we can actually win our division fairly often now and, maybe just maybe, win the conference once? Maybe twice. 

Trying to look through the flames to see some good on the other side, maybe this will help our win/loss record in the short- to mid-term, give us a chance to build the OCS, and put us in a better footing to leave for the B12 or whatever?

There really were no schools that were going to dramatically increase the AAC profile.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

6 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Agreed. Between Memphis, SMU and USF right? Anyone else we think would be involved? 

Man, I hope so. And I don't even think that B12 is all that great looking. Better than the AAC, or sure. Mostly, I just want to get back into the same conference as UCF. Not that I have any love for them, just don't want to be one rung below them.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Its time for us to win some conference titles in this CUSA 2.0. That’s what propelled UCF to where they are now when we were in the Big East. No reason we can’t be contenders every single year in our location and incoming facilities. Anything besides title talk every year would be inexcusable.