• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

This has been answered. There are several specifics but if you boil it down, it's revenue. 

Most stadiums cost more than they generate which is why most people that need them refuse to pay for them, so how is that going to help with revenue and outside of television revenue what do they care about revenue streams that have nothing to do with them. I know there are hypothesis that have been floated but I see nothing in P5 schools or even the previous round of expansion that says they would care at all. I think they probably care that we are hemorrhaging fans and have been hot garbage but I don’t think they said you know what if you build an OCS that may solve any of that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

Then why was Pitt invited to the ACC?

It wasn’t on field performance, I can tell you that. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Most stadiums cost more than they generate which is why most people that need them refuse to pay for them, so how is that going to help with revenue and outside of television revenue what do they care about revenue streams that have nothing to do with them. I know there are hypothesis that have been floated but I see nothing in P5 schools or even the previous round of expansion that says they would care at all. I think they probably care that we are hemorrhaging fans and have been hot garbage but I don’t think they said you know what if you build an OCS that may solve any of that.

True, but, “if you build it, they will come.”

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Why would a conference care about an OCS?

Football conferences are going to want to see schools are serious about putting revenue toward their sports programs. Every team in sports say they want to win, it's a "put your  money where your mouth is" concept. Big 12 doesn't want to share conference money with a team that can't generate revenue from other sources. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

THIS. 

Nailed it.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

THIS. 

Nailed it.

If only someone told all those schools with an OCS how dumb they were .....  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Missed the boat on this one Big Guy. 

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If only someone told all those schools with an OCS how dumb they were .....  

Most did it because they had no choice, they were not dumb they did what was in their best interest 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You may be a bit late on that.  Last year would have been an L for us v them.

I wouldn’t bet on this year.

9 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Missed the boat on this one Big Guy. 

In what way? I get that we think we can get fans there to start because it is new and since we can’t figure out any other way it makes sense, initially. That being said to think the B12 told us that’s what they care about seems absurd at best, Baylor isn’t on campus and no one cares. They care that we are fledgling, stadiums only fix that for a very short spurt and then people actually expect you to fix some of your actual problems.