• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

All ideas are impossible and mocked until someone is brave enough to show it’s possible, we have seen a decade’s worth of what impact the AAC has on our program and fanbase and I doubt staying the course gets us much more than another decade of it. The wages of the AAC is death, even if it’s a slow boil.

How is independence working out for BYU?  They can't even get to an NY6.  We can see how it would work out for us, take a look at Uconn.    

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Terrible idea, can you imagine the run on sentences and numerous lines of jibberish from Puc if he was all geeked up.  I say smoke a fatty and let the cloud of I don’t give a **** flow down over us as we soften the impact of getting the high hard one once again.  

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one, also I am allergic to marijuana but even if I weren’t why would I want to take something that makes me lay around watching cartoons and eating Cheetos? No one has ever broken away from their oppressors by indulging in an opiate of the masses that dulls their fervor for revolution.

• Off Topic 1

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

How is independence working out for BYU?  They can't even get to an NY6.  We can see how it would work out for us, take a look at Uconn.    

I must be confused how many NY6 games has the AAC garnered us while bleeding us of attendance, fans relevancy or even interesting games that even get discussed around town? We could beat every AAC team every single year and no one would care because in the end you lose by playing these teams.

BYU athletics brought in $72 million and they spent $50 million, we should be so lucky as to reverse fates with them as we spent more than that while bringing in less. Our home games against AAC teams are negative equity and with no carrying costs of a stadium we are free to negotiate 2-1s with reckless abandonment getting paid more for the road trips while bringing in more attendance and fans by playing teams at home people actually want to see.

If you like watching us in the AAC than congratulations you are part of ~20k fans and dropping that feel the same way but the market here has spoken and the AAC is not something anyone here has any interest in buying. We need to find something that people actually want to buy instead of always having to chasten them on why they should buy something they have no interest in.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I must be confused how many NY6 games has the AAC garnered us while bleeding us of attendance, fans relevancy or even interesting games that even get discussed around town? We could beat every AAC team every single year and no one would care because in the end you lose by playing these teams.

BYU athletics brought in $72 million and they spent $50 million, we should be so lucky as to reverse fates with them as we spent more than that while bringing in less. Our home games against AAC teams are negative equity and with no carrying costs of a stadium we are free to negotiate 2-1s with reckless abandonment getting paid more for the road trips while bringing in more attendance and fans by playing teams at home people actually want to see.

If you like watching us in the AAC than congratulations you are part of ~20k fans and dropping that feel the same way but the market here has spoken and the AAC is not something anyone here has any interest in buying. We need to find something that people actually want to buy instead of always having to chasten them on why they should buy something they have no interest in.

We can agree....  you want us to become Uconn, constant buy games and home games against FCS opponents.  The BYU comments were meant to display the independents inability to make anything meaningful out of the post season with the current and proposed formats.  Even Notre Dame knows this and hitched their wagon to the ACC.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

Tom Cruise What GIF

Just now, ArmyBull said:

We can agree....  you want us to become Uconn, constant buy games and home games against FCS opponents.  The BYU comments were meant to display the independents inability to make anything meaningful out of the post season with the current and proposed formats.  Even Notre Dame knows this and hitched their wagon to the ACC.   

If we have an option to hitch our wagon to the ACC or even the Big 6 I am all for that but the AAC isn’t quite those options now is it? Now imagine the AAC even dropping further into the unthinkable abyss that it already has engulfed us in, independence is favorable to that because we know people had a thirst for us originally, we know that there was a thirst in CUSA, we know it was insatiable in the Beast and we also know that Qflowers could win every game in the AAC and no one would care. This experiment has more than failed and should it actually get worse from a conference perspective I do not see how anyone could possibly think staying the course would be the actual best action. If an iceberg hits even hits the Titanic the best move is to get off the ship, the AAC isn’t even a Jon boat and if it gets hit by an iceberg we need to get off by any means necessary.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Even at a 12 team playoff BYU has little chance. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If we have an option to hitch our wagon to the ACC or even the Big 6 I am all for that but the AAC isn’t quite those options now is it? Now imagine the AAC even dropping further into the unthinkable abyss that it already has engulfed us in, independence is favorable to that because we know people had a thirst for us originally, we know that there was a thirst in CUSA, we know it was insatiable in the Beast and we also know that Qflowers could win every game in the AAC and no one would care. This experiment has more than failed and should it actually get worse from a conference perspective I do not see how anyone could possibly think staying the course would be the actual best action. If an iceberg hits even hits the Titanic the best move is to get off the ship, the AAC isn’t even a Jon boat and if it gets hit by an iceberg we need to get off by any means necessary.

Bologna!! UC, Memphis, ucf, and Houston to a degree, have done just fine and have elevated their brands in the AAC.  We, due to poor management on several levels, have wasted our years and our brand has suffered.  Q was on the cusp of taking us to the AAC championship game in 2017... who knows what would have happened had we won.  The AAC is not our problem, we are our problem.    

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

My guess is the call was strategic to discuss options to both keep OU and Texas and plans for if they depart. No reason to include them on that call of that were the case. 

• Upvote 1