• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Clearly that is who they want.  The question is whether they can afford to wait.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I could see..

Houston, USF, UCF, and Cincy to the Big12

Check out the thread at shaggybevo.com to get the longhorns perspective. Last night there was a lot of talk of Houston and Cincy and even more mentions of UCF than of USF sadly. One poster said not to take any school that shares a city with an NFL team because of the local market competition.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I could see..

Check out the thread at shaggybevo.com to get the longhorns perspective. Last night there was a lot of talk of Houston and Cincy and even more mentions of UCF than of USF sadly. One poster said not to take any school that shares a city with an NFL team because of the local market competition.

Doubt that particular poster's view is shared by many others. Besides, that would eliminate Cincy and Houston. More Texas teams to Big 12 seems unlikely anyways; TV networks wouldn't be happy. I humbly believe the top 4 among the scraps are roughly UConn, Cincy, USF, UCF, unless BYU can somehow be convinced out of independence - though their social idiosyncracies dampen a few routine fan activities, their national appeal is unfortunately undeniable.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I could see..

Thankfully he didn't say any school that shares a stadium with an NFL team ...... Honestly though, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that didn't come up in tose smoke filled back rooms during discussions by those greedy bastards..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I could see..

Thankfully he didn't say any school that shares a stadium with an NFL team ...... Honestly though, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that didn't come up in tose smoke filled back rooms during discussions by those greedy bastards..

99% sure IF a Big 12 invite is in our future, an on-campus stadium would be as well. The announcements might be made  at the same time. 

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Sorry, we are stuck for a while in Conference USA part two

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I could see..

99% sure IF a Big 12 invite is in our future, an on-campus stadium would be as well. The announcements might be made  at the same time. 

The announcement that we might start a fund raising campaign (that may last over 10 years) may be made .. but you can't build a $400 million stadium with $0 dollars.

There is nothing wrong with Raymond James for the next 10 or so years. Sometime we need to leave, but it doesn't have to be right away.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I could see..

The announcement that we might start a fund raising campaign (that may last over 10 years) may be made .. but you can't build a $400 million stadium with $0 dollars.

There is nothing wrong with Raymond James for the next 10 or so years. Sometime we need to leave, but it doesn't have to be right away.

Agree we need to not worry about leaving Ray Jay unless we get a $$ boost from a conference change.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Way to kill my buzz with reality...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Way to kill my buzz with reality...

Awww...c'mon boys, leave that negativity behind (as it is clearly MY DOMAIN!). We're stepping out with a brand spanking new conference, and loads of adventure before us. Sold out stadiums as we square off against the likes of East Carolina and Memphis! Why this is just the beginning...and with the bowl games all shuffling around to cow-tow to the P5, I'm sure some the AAC Brain Trust is hard at work concocting all sorts of brilliant bowl opportunities that will rival, in both television coverage and celebrity, those on yon side of the velvet rope. Why, in just a few short years, the contagious enthusiasm of CWT will propel this program to multiple conference championships - something heretofore absent from our resume - and cementing our place in the 'medium four' of Florida football! Indeed, Bulls Fans, great times are ahead of us as we throw wide our arms and embrace the AAC! 

How's 'at? Better? OK...everybody back in the prognostication pool.  :FIREdevil: