• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I should re-word that. USF was comfortable with both learning on the job.  I’m not sure either has figured it out yet.  

All that matters is if they figure it out well enough for here. Willie did and hopefully CJS will, too ........ and CJL learned on the job here while Skip already supposedly had it figured out so apparently there's no real dead solid formula for here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Good point.  CJL did figure it out here, without all the support of overseers, advisors and chiefs of staff.  That may be the rare exception, not to mention an okay fit for a new D1-AA team.  He figured it out enough to cost him his job.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, Brad said:

What’s the sweet spot between a “retread” and training a new(er) dude on the job?  Seems both Willie and Jeff used us to figure it all out. 

I’ll take experience any day.  However, that does not mean Orgeron.  

Not Experience at that level. CCS never wanted to be here and it was obvious. Org would not be motivated to win an AAC crown and I would not expect him to. Never again I say. We might not survive what CCS did to this team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

Good point.  CJL did figure it out here, without all the support of overseers, advisors and chiefs of staff.  That may be the rare exception, not to mention an okay fit for a new D1-AA team.   

That is true ......... but maybe he peaked with that first game ...<ducks and runs>.

He figured it out enough to cost him his job.

<sigh>

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Imagine Leavitt paired with a strong AD that shared the vision of being at the level of UF/FSU/Miami, not ucf.  

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

No.

Love coach O, but not for USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

This guy getting fired tells you all you need to know about the state of college football. I neither like or dislike the guy but he won a title two years ago.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You can’t have Ed O within 20 miles of Mons. 

I mean you can but it will end badly for USF although Ed will have a good time.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Skingraft said:

He's out at LSU after this year... would you trade for him?

he is an amazing recruiter. of course we would want him on scott's staff. he might enjoy going back to coaching

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, MikeG said:

wow-- they fired him after beating Florida.

Sorry-- he is not a fit for USF nor will he end up here. we cannot afford him-- but some SEC team needing a good DC will lap him up imo.

USF needs to stop trying the quick fix and find a quality lower level coach who knows how to run a program, can coach a game properly, and won't cost us millions of dollars every year. It is time to reign in this insane spending and use incentive laden contracts that make a coach EARN his massive salary. That will never happen as USF is stuck trying to do everything as if they are already P5. There was a time when we were dead set on over extending the program. Then someone decided to say screw it and started spending like a drunken sailor despite losing MILLIONS of dollars in TV revenue once the Big East contract was toast.

In other words-- there is literally nothing the fans can do about this. We have a runaway administration who compound mistakes and never take responsibility. We can complain and plan until we are blue in the face--- NO ONE IS LISTENING or CARES.

Ok, ignore my last post to you…I see your answer here and it is pretty good. Basically you are saying to go the Willie T route we took after CSH was fired. The only think that worries me now is Kelly doing this correctly. With his coach Scott hire he has me worried.