• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I always like when I go on an away trip and the people are cool.  It's good to chip in.  I will say the "best Cuban food" is a total hornet's nest of debate, but I will agree on the assessments so far.

If he's coming from Cinncy, any Cuban food will be the "best"

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If he's coming from Cinncy, any Cuban food will be the "best"

Plus the poor guy has to eat that Skyline Chili…

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, bowman1 said:

2 - La Teresita Restaurant, for the true experience, sit at the counter (just over a mile to the stadium if you want to walk)

3 - Ft DeSoto park is the most pristine, but CLW Beach will probably have more people your age

Best Cuban sandwich for me is a place called Maikel's Kitchen on Dale Mabry and Waters.  Plantains are strong there as well.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, Clifton_CatsBy90 said:

Rude, we just beat ND give some respect.

And I'll bet Kelly had a post game melt down stroke....love it. When we beat ND of course they said it was a quirk..but it was a fun game to be at. I'm for anyone who beats ND, ALA, OHIO ST....Oh well. Have fun in the B12 it will be lonesome in the AAC, you'll miss us.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, Clifton_CatsBy90 said:

Rude, we just beat ND give some respect.

Look around and simply consider the source.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Clifton_CatsBy90 said:

Just wanted to see the campus plus planned on visiting Busch Gardens, I fly in gameday morning the 12th and then fly back the 14th late at night.  So my plans is 12th: Bearcats game and nightlife  September 13th: Beach and Lightning game and going out after  September 14th: Busch Gardens and visiting the campus then fly back

Check out the Residence Inn near the airport. It looks like its right at or under your budget. You'll be within walking distance to the stadium and a short Uber ride to SoHo (I wouldn't recommend Ybor as it can get a bit sketchy at night) where all the USF and UT folks will likely be, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. That hotel is also a pretty quick Uber ride to downtown to check out a Bolts game. St. Pete beach dumps on Clearwater, and has way better beach bars. Campus and Busch Gardens are a little bit further of a ride from the airport area, but still not more than 15-20 minutes in traffic. 

EDIT: La Teresita right near the stadium is fantastic for Cuban food. Especially after you've been drinking/tailgating all day. Like someone else said, sitting at the bar and having a meal is the best.

Edited by usfsig
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, Clifton_CatsBy90 said:

Hello, UC student going to the game in November and just wanted to ask a few things

1. Good places to stay?

2. Good Cuban food?

3. Best beach?

4. Nightlife?  (I'm 21)

5. How is the tailgating and where do I park?

6. Flags allowed in?

Thanks

1. Good places to stay?

• Downtown Tampa: Hilton, JW Marriot, Hyatt, Aloft Tampa Downtown, Sheraton Hotel
  • Close to Stadium: Aloft Tampa Midtown, AC Hotel by Marriot, any of the hotels near the Airport
  • Close to nightlife: See downtown tampa above, Epicurean Hotel, 

2. Good Cuban food?

• Columbia in Ybor, Le Segunda Bakery, La Terisita, West Tampa Sandwich Shop

3. Best beach?

• For partying and a younger crowd, St. Pete Beach (near Post Card Inn)
  • For a family oriented touristy experience, Clearwater Beach
  • For a quiet not as crowded experience, Indian Rocks, Sand Key

4. Nightlife?  (I'm 21)

• Most the college kids go to Soho (South Howard). There are about 10 bars within a mile of each other. Some of the most popular are Bar Howard, Macdintons, Soho Saloon, and Yard of Ale
  • If you're into line dancing and country music, check out Dallas Bull
  • If youre into a more young professional crowd (college kids still go here), check out downtown tampa (Parks and Rec, Gen-x, American Social, etc.) 

• Tailgating is probably a $&#@show if you havent been before. The two main things are that (1) if you want to park with friends or family, you have to drive in together because they won't allow you to save spots and (2) you need to buy your parking in advance (you can do this on Raymond James Stadium's website)..
  • Lot 4 (on the north side of the stadium) usually has a younger crowd, as thats the side the student section is on. Most of the fraternities rent out houses or lots to tailgate out of in the area, so although you may see one or two fraternity tailgates at the stadium, the majority will not be at the stadium. 
  • Lot 6 (on the south side of the stadium) is usually more family oriented. That is also the side on which they usually have "Bulls Bay" set up which I am not sure if they do anymore. 

6. Flags allowed in?

• They will let you in with a flag but if one of the sentry security guards (aka glorified mall cops) decide they don't like it, they will kick you out (I got kicked out during last year's USF-UCF game because I had a trump flag)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Content Count:  20

On 10/5/2021 at 4:46 PM, Rocky Style said:

I guess people would say Clearwater Beach is the "best beach" but I always try to avoid that one because of traffic.  Although we are talking Nov 12th here.  I wonder if there will be any traffic on any beaches :D  

I mean November in Florida it'll still be like 80s temp I assume.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:18 PM, zarnozdabull said:

You ready to see all 20 students in attendance rush the field or what?

I hate when student sections have attendance issues, hopefully some of the money you get from when we leave for the BIG12 will get you guys an on campus stadium.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Plus the poor guy has to eat that Skyline Chili…

Skyline is amazing

14 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

1. Good places to stay?

• Downtown Tampa: Hilton, JW Marriot, Hyatt, Aloft Tampa Downtown, Sheraton Hotel
  • Close to Stadium: Aloft Tampa Midtown, AC Hotel by Marriot, any of the hotels near the Airport
  • Close to nightlife: See downtown tampa above, Epicurean Hotel, 

2. Good Cuban food?

• Columbia in Ybor, Le Segunda Bakery, La Terisita, West Tampa Sandwich Shop

3. Best beach?

• For partying and a younger crowd, St. Pete Beach (near Post Card Inn)
  • For a family oriented touristy experience, Clearwater Beach
  • For a quiet not as crowded experience, Indian Rocks, Sand Key

4. Nightlife?  (I'm 21)

• Most the college kids go to Soho (South Howard). There are about 10 bars within a mile of each other. Some of the most popular are Bar Howard, Macdintons, Soho Saloon, and Yard of Ale
  • If you're into line dancing and country music, check out Dallas Bull
  • If youre into a more young professional crowd (college kids still go here), check out downtown tampa (Parks and Rec, Gen-x, American Social, etc.) 

• Tailgating is probably a $&#@show if you havent been before. The two main things are that (1) if you want to park with friends or family, you have to drive in together because they won't allow you to save spots and (2) you need to buy your parking in advance (you can do this on Raymond James Stadium's website)..
  • Lot 4 (on the north side of the stadium) usually has a younger crowd, as thats the side the student section is on. Most of the fraternities rent out houses or lots to tailgate out of in the area, so although you may see one or two fraternity tailgates at the stadium, the majority will not be at the stadium. 
  • Lot 6 (on the south side of the stadium) is usually more family oriented. That is also the side on which they usually have "Bulls Bay" set up which I am not sure if they do anymore. 

6. Flags allowed in?

• They will let you in with a flag but if one of the sentry security guards (aka glorified mall cops) decide they don't like it, they will kick you out (I got kicked out during last year's USF-UCF game because I had a trump flag)

Thank you for all the help!