• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poll: Do you believe CJS will be a successful coach at USF?

Do you believe CJS will be a successful coach at USF?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, MikePhillips said:

This is why we need culture at this school, somehow or some way. Because we will ALWAYS be a revolving door school for head football coaches.

So we're aspiring to be Louisiana Tech?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Lofty goal there B. We might want to be more like an Arkansas or Wake Forest when it comes to turning coaches over. Seek out that solid 3.5 year shelf life. They’re P5 you know

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Right now, I think I might take that for a little while. 

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Lofty goal there B. We might want to be more like an Arkansas or Wake Forest when it comes to turning coaches over. Seek out that solid 3.5 year shelf life. They’re P5 you know

My lofty goal was predicated on not being a P5. That would kind of change the dynamics of this whole imaginary tale ....

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Right now, I think I might take that for a little while. 

No problems here with that ...... we may have a few more differing opinions on here, though ..... however, they may have a tough time rationally defending their position.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

My lofty goal was predicated on not being a P5. That would kind of change the dynamics of this whole imaginary tale ....

Not being P5….

Paola Bracho Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You mean you want us to mirror a middling nonP5 program? What kind of plebs do you take us for?

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Not being P5….

Paola Bracho Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You mean you want us to mirror a middling nonP5 program? What kind of plebs do you take us for?

There is nothing better than Telemundo soap operas ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There is nothing better than Telemundo soap operas ....

Had to watch that while taking Spanish class at USF…haven’t watched it since and can’t speak a lick of Spanish today. 😂😂😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

47 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

With all due respect, and I mean that, this is why you're good at what you do, and not necessarily a legendary college football coach. Lots of examples in leadership, especially sports leadership, demonstrating that culture comes first and winning follows. Nobody sustains a winning program without a great organizational culture. It is true that great culture may not result in wins. But it is a must-have component for sustained success, and it is exactly what we've been missing since Leavitt left. The intangibles surrounding the program are very encouraging and growing right now. I get it - you're a W-column/L-column guy. It'll take another year or two before the fruits of the past year's labor will pay off. But it will be worth it, and we'd otherwise be looking at another rotating-door figurehead likely bouncing at year 3-4. If that happened again, any brief success would highly risk being fleeting, as we saw with the transition from Taggart to Strong.

CJS is building a real foundation. The house won't go up as quickly as a log cabin, but the concrete foundation and block external walls will withstand the test of time and weather the storms far better. Don't get preoccupied with the log cabin to the east. We are down right now, but far from out, and we finally have a coach willing to put down roots and put in the sweat equity to sustain success here. Dang, it's about time! 

Of course you are going to think all of this and sing his praises because you had dinner with the guy and you are starry eyed. You will probably buy whatever he is selling you because he paid for the tab. It is laughable that you can claim a foundation is being built when this guy doesn’t even have an FBS win. I only believe in what I can see and so far I have seen horrible , piss-poor results. Wake me up when this team can actually beat someone .

10 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Wake me up when this team can actually beat someone .

We can only hope you'll go to sleep until then .....