• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cade gets the start this week against UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Awesome. I'll say it again, we should start McClain for the rest of the season. McClain, with the full playbook and the second/third team defense was a solid 10%-15% more productive. That's good enough for me to say he's the guy the rest of the year.

You are completely wrong about him playing against second and third string defense, but that's ok. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Awesome. I'll say it again, we should start McClain for the rest of the season. McClain, with the full playbook and the second/third team defense was a solid 10%-15% more productive. That's good enough for me to say he's the guy the rest of the year.

I thought he was better than 40% completion and 80ish yds......but I guess scoring made it seem that way

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

I'm fine with Cade if he keeps progressing, but I don't like his fade away side arm pass when he gets nervous.

McClain looks like the future though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I agree, I am not seeing great progress from Fortin. It really seems that McClain gives us the best chance to win; the players feed off of his energy, and he has a shot at growing into a Flowers-type QB for us. Just needs time, coaching, and practice.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I thought he was better than 40% completion and 80ish yds......but I guess scoring made it seem that way

Yep. But, I'm the guy ******** on McClain and can't take an L. The guy with a QBR of 3.6, the same stat people tried to use last week to prove I was wrong about McClain clearly being better than Fortin. And remember, McClain racked up that 3.6 in a game that was over an hour before he came in.

Also, a trick play incomplete pass is apparently statistically better than McClain's entire day if you like QBR. Yep, still not thinking he's made this a slam dunk over Fortin.

But, I will say it again for the cheap seats... I want McClain to start the rest of the year.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

What about now?

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

Fortin is not the answer, but I'd say Timmy does not much increase the likelihood of a win.

What he said. But, I'm going to guess you and  @BullyPulpitkeep responding to my posts and ignore Brad saying the same thing.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I think McClain gives us a better shot at winning some games, but doesn't mean he will and doesn't mean some is more than 3 or 4 either.  He's 18 or 19 and a true freshman.  He is going to make mistakes (see the 2 picks last week and a couple bad passes today), but I also think he is the better athlete and can make some things happen.    Does it get even tougher if he is named the starter and teams can game plan for him?  Most likely, but I'll still take my chances and allow him to grow by playing sooner than later.