• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

F*#$ The Electronic Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

When we were all digital in 2019, the Ticketmaster app would log you out between the walk from the parking lot to the gates. While iPhone users were able to save tickets to their phones, the same functionality wasn't available on Android until half way through the season.

What's worse is when you have several tickets in your account that need to be shared with other people. Transferring is just a couple taps away but then there's the hidden cost of getting the receiver setup to actually accept and use the tickets. The last 10-15 minutes of our tailgate is dedicated to tech support.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

It’s the parking that will be a nightmare.  Imagine the holdup as people fumble for their phones and then have to log in to their account.  What could go wrong.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Who do you people possibly know that would even want a USF football ticket anymore that you'd have to transfer them? I am having trouble convincing my own family to go with me. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

It’s the parking that will be a nightmare.  Imagine the holdup as people fumble for their phones and then have to log in to their account.  What could go wrong.

They'll need to learn to use the phone's Wallet. it's going to be a learning curve ..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

The last 10-15 minutes of our tailgate is dedicated to tech support.

This is hilarious, but so very true.  Thanks for the laugh.  We actually arrive 15 minutes earlier than we used to and work out all the downloads and transfers before the drink starts flowing.

GO BULLS!  (okay I'm back on the bus this morning in the light of day - decided USF is my school and I'm going to stop whining and continue my support in our new world as we work towards the next, next realignment).

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

Who do you people possibly know that would even want a USF football ticket anymore that you'd have to transfer them? I am having trouble convincing my own family to go with me. 

Just to eliminate the possibility of you being the problem, ask them if they want to go with @puc86.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

29 minutes ago, Brad said:

Just to eliminate the possibility of you being the problem, ask them if they want to go with @puc86.

I would be down for the greater good but not if we have to sit in a seat that lacks air conditioning or catering and I’m not sure what a seat without a cup holder looks like but I’m pretty sure I don’t like that either, I am a delicate flower

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We are a dumpster fire. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

On 9/3/2021 at 11:42 PM, No_Willie_Jokes_Yet said:

First let me say I like technology. I teach technology. However....

May you rot in HELL for going electronic............

May every parking entrance be so backed up that no traffic moves through Tampa. 
May every ticket gate be so backed up with old people trying to figure out there phones that no one gets in to see this debacle. 

May every club level access entry point be so backed up that you end up letting everyone in. 

Those poor gate agents. I feel for them. The people who should suffer won't.  

I just spent 1 hour trying to talk my parents through this debacle. They don't get Google/GPay/Ticketmaster. They don't habla apps. 

I won't be there with them when they try to access the parking. I wont be there with them when they try to access the stadium.

I won't be able to help them when one wants to go the club level and the other one has the phone already in the club level. 

This will be a cluster. You have just alienated a good portion of dedicated older alumni. 

Sure. Blame it on Covid. But when the gates back up. When the club level entrances back up, people will NOT be socially distanced. 

You were able to save the cost of printing and mailing the tickets. But at what cost to your fan base??? What cost to the game day experience? 

Welcome to 2021. This is what just about every school is currently doing, and most were doing over the past few years. Coincidentally, most pro teams are doing it also, as are professional events in general. Wouldn't prefer USF fails to get with the times. If anyone is alienated, I feel for them, but the times move on and we all move with them. Otherwise, there are plenty of clouds to shake fists at...

Edited by FazaUSF
Technology failed me

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

13 hours ago, crambone said:

We are a dumpster fire. 

We are not that good.... too much credit