• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now more than ever, the Bulls need you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We have enough in cash to begin the IPF project.

And finish?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Has the IPF been fully funded? If it has or we have what's needed, then hopefully we announce an OCS fund very soon. That will need all the time we can give it unless we buddy up with the Viniks, Publix, Yuenglings, ect to help move that along. 

When that happens... If there's a way to reallocate all my previous student fees towards it as well let me know who I need to hassle. (I wish 😆)

Not fully funded 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

39 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Has the IPF been fully funded? If it has or we have what's needed, then hopefully we announce an OCS fund very soon. That will need all the time we can give it unless we buddy up with the Viniks, Publix, Yuenglings, ect to help move that along. 

Publix is green.  USF is green.  It just works.  We need a tie in into the USF app to pre-order subs and pick them up the Publix Sub Zone™ or some thing.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/3/2021 at 11:38 PM, cmhatter said:

USF admin needs to accept that the UCF model worked. They went with a “build it and they will come” model and combined that with loud ADs / coaches. They kept UCF in the news (good or bad) and built their brand. Proclaiming that they won a national championship was a marketing masterclass. It was comical but everyone in the entire country recognized UCF after that. Everyone. 

USF blew it in a major way and now they have to take UCFs playbook and execute. 

Build the facilities needed to compete. Create a real college football experience on campus. Invest in marketing. Engage the media. 

Its certainly a template that others should follow...and similarly, 3 out of the other 4 new Big 12 members did so since 2007:

2007: UCF's 45,300 seat On-Campus Football Stadium and New 10,000 Seat Arena open up that Sept.

2014: Houston opens up their new 40,000 seat on-campus stadium (built for $138 Million). Without that on-campus stadium, I don't think UH would have been considered a strong candidate for expansion if they were playing at the Texans NFL Dome down the road.

2016: Cincinnati spent $86 Million to expand and renovate Nippert Stadium to 40,000 seats.

Cinci also spent $87 Million during a 20 month renovation of their Firth Third Bank Arena that reopened in 2018.

Houston also spent $60 Million (after a HUGE $20 Million gift from Fertitta) to totally renovate their basketball area that reopened in 2018 as well.

While winning certainly helps anyone, investing in ON-CAMPUS facilities is big to most conferences and I think thats what held Memphis back. 

Building a new indoor practice facility is a good first step but one could ask, why wasn't that done earlier, especially when you were receiving BCS $$$? (UCF's indoor facility was planned in 2004 during their last season in the MAC and opened up just over a year later during year 1 of CUSA Football in 2005

).

Edited by Knight_Light

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

On 9/3/2021 at 10:48 PM, USFStPete said:

Well this is rock bottom but honestly I feel a little bit of peace being here. We all kinda knew this was coming in the back of our minds and now, we can languish in acceptance. It cannot get worse.

So where to go from here? Looking back to the past literally does us ZERO GOOD at this point. Let’s forget about the #2 rankings and wins over big programs. The former rivalries and standout players. The great times we all had at Ray Jay or on road trips during an abbreviated aberration that was past USF football “success”.

It’s time to reset.

For better or worse, and without placing blame on anyone, it’s time to get back to the early 2000s mindset of USF football when we barely existed. Because that’s pretty much where we are now, and the only way we’ll pull ourselves up is to renew that sense of optimism that we had back then.

Our football program is in its darkest spot ever, and needs hardcore fans like you like it never has. Don’t bail now. Stay and support Coach Scott with everything you have and you’ll be able to say you stuck around for an incredible redemption story.

This is hell, gentlemen. And we can stay here and burn individually, or climb ourselves back into the light as a unified fan base.

An excellent observation, beautifully worded and one I am going to take to heart. I can remember where I was when we lost to the Citadel the week after Kentucky Weslyan. We lost to Drake at home in a heartbreaker and then got slaughtered by Western Kentucky. We ended up going 4-3 in those last 7 games. Took the momentum into 98 winning the first 5 games and returning the favor to the citadel. Wins is what its about. What we need right now is D1 wins. Doesnt matter if its P5 or G5, doesnt matter if its AAC or sun belt, we need wins. I dont think anyone here thinks honestly we have a shot against UF, so lets just have fun that there is football being played with fans in the stand and look forward to drawing our line in the sand against Florida A&M, get some confidence and maybe give BYU a run for their money. Who knows maybe we can make a early statement to the new Big 12 by beating BYU. What we need is positive momentum but its not going to happen this weekend. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

I'm confused by St. Pete's suggestion we forget the past, yet get back to our 2000s mindset when we accomplished all that.  Seems like we could learn a little something from the past.  This flying blind stuff doesn't work.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I'm confused by St. Pete's suggestion we forget the past, yet get back to our 2000s mindset when we accomplished all that.  Seems like we could learn a little something from the past.  This flying blind stuff doesn't work.

Judy simply didn’t care about silly football. She wanted student athletes and a renovated Sun Dome. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:48 PM, USFStPete said:

Well this is rock bottom but honestly I feel a little bit of peace being here. We all kinda knew this was coming in the back of our minds and now, we can languish in acceptance. It cannot get worse.

So where to go from here? Looking back to the past literally does us ZERO GOOD at this point. Let’s forget about the #2 rankings and wins over big programs. The former rivalries and standout players. The great times we all had at Ray Jay or on road trips during an abbreviated aberration that was past USF football “success”.

It’s time to reset.

For better or worse, and without placing blame on anyone, it’s time to get back to the early 2000s mindset of USF football when we barely existed. Because that’s pretty much where we are now, and the only way we’ll pull ourselves up is to renew that sense of optimism that we had back then.

Our football program is in its darkest spot ever, and needs hardcore fans like you like it never has. Don’t bail now. Stay and support Coach Scott with everything you have and you’ll be able to say you stuck around for an incredible redemption story.

This is hell, gentlemen. And we can stay here and burn individually, or climb ourselves back into the light as a unified fan base.

This is well said and most of us have stuck it out for many years. We keep renewing our season tickets, attending home games, paying our Alumni Assoc fees but at some point we need a little be of requited love. Keep in mind I will be sticking it out forever but the average person will not. Until they start putting a product on the field they are going to struggle with attendance. Until they start doing things to make people excited for game day people won't head up there. Keep in mind my group and I have our traditions. We tailgate the entire available time with our tailgate trailer, cornhole, TVs, we have things to bring people and attention to our tailgate. We chant the S O U T H  F L O R I D A as we go up the escalator at every game. But these are all our traditions. There needs to be something that binds us all to game day, to the tailgate etc. I know there is the teams entrance but there could definitely be more fanfare for that. 

I am just saying we HAVE been loyal and it is time to start seeing some fruit from these efforts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Judy simply didn’t care about silly football. She wanted student athletes and a renovated Sun Dome. 

I'm still with heretic stance that it was just the opposite. Under the assumption that the firing wasn't really about Slapgate, I don't think it was the other theory about egos either. I think she wanted the major sports to succeed and interfered where she didn't have a clue about. Looking at our first 5 years in the it was maddeningly frustrating with the splash starts but then the collapses later on. Looking at that IN A VACUUM, it's not that hard to understand a decision to see if someone else could get us over that hump. What was wrong was not recognizing that what we were doing was a huge accomplishment in the overall picture. He should have had more time.

To further illustrate JG's misguided want to have the major sports operating at a higher level was the dismissal of Stan. He was 2, admittedly rough, years removed from the best season in the history of the program, with the just one year with the highest ranked recruiting class we ever had. Most recognized that he should have had at least one more year to get it going again but she was too impatient