• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opportunity Squandered

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Politics? He was gone as he put his hands on a player like that. 

Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Not unanimous. Some of us with a rational point of view will gladly jump on board once a reasonable plan to pay for such a big purchase is in place. There needs to be a large down payment. Taking on big debt in a virus obsessed world is not a bright idea. Would love to get away from the TSA and all that goes with it but what will be the price? A new stadium might bring out the tire kickers but if the team stinks and playing a drab schedule, we will have a lot of empty seats we will be paying on.

Aren't interest rates pretty low? Let's announce the OCS by Monday, hire some Russian hackers to change the C to an S in the application being filed on Wednesday and , voila, you have USF in the Big 12 with an OCS on the way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Aren't interest rates pretty low? Let's announce the OCS by Monday, hire some Russian hackers to change the C to an S in the application being filed on Wednesday and , voila, you have USF in the Big 12 with an OCS on the way.

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I agree with your prior statements on the subject.  In my opinion, the OCS is not the magic wand some think it will be.  It would be something nice to have but only a part of what we need.  The stadium will be empty if the team stinks and if the program has no fans, no conference will want it. 

Something no one has really brought up but must be considered:  If USF were to build a small OCS, would the donors be onboard with hosting an occasional game at Raymond James against teams like Florida, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Wisconsin, etc?  I doubt many would come again unless USF was willing to do so. I vaguely recall some talk that UCF had the chance to play some interesting teams in the Citrus Bowl but balked because they need the income of a real home game to pay bills. 

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

And that's really all I'm saying. To me need = urgent and just don't think it's a need ..... definitely a want but needs come first.

You are right.  It is more "urgent" to actually field a team with a pulse which will then lead to people showing up at the games.  It really is a bad situation that a game many had hoped for years for is going to happen next weekend while we have the worst team ever.  

On a more serious note, I am glad the team is finally going to get an Indoor Practice Facility.  I saw that as more of a "need" given our early season weather.

57 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Isn't interest in the football program pretty low? 

Yes. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

It was good enough to get us the original invite to a power conference and good enough to host our 'golden years". We don't NEED an OCS to get where we want to eventually go ........ but it would be nice to have one.

I’m not even talking about an invite to a bigger/better conference.

I am talking about relevance and survival of the program.

The lack of an OCS has been a catastrophic failure in generating student interest and alumni interest. We are nowhere near being worthy of an invite to a bigger conference.

We are picked LAST in the American Athletic Conference. Let me repeat that….we are picked LAST in the conference that we are trying to get promoted from. 

This program is on life support….this stadium should have been built years ago.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, SpeedBull said:

I’m not even talking about an invite to a bigger/better conference.

I am talking about relevance and survival of the program.

The lack of an OCS has been a catastrophic failure in generating student interest and alumni interest. We are nowhere near being worthy of an invite to a bigger conference.

Considering we were supposedly in the final 8 in consideration for expansion that rings kind of hollow ..... and the fact that the ones who were chosen were teams that had 7 conference championship trophies during the 8 year existence of the AAC indicates that, at least for this round, on the field weighed heavily in the selection process.

We are picked LAST in the American Athletic Conference. Let me repeat that….we are picked LAST in the conference that we are trying to get promoted from. 

This program is on life support….this stadium should have been built years ago.

If we were picked LAST it wasn't because of where we play, it was because we didn't beat an FBS team last year ...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

We need to create some excitement regarding this program. The IPF is nice and needed but announcing that we will be building an OCS let’s say for 2025 will create a buzz that will hopefully carry on to on the field success. We have to be showing we are all in, if as it looks that the Big12 will have another expansion once UT and OU leave and the league  gets ready for new contract.

USF always has moved slow like molasses, this is a critical time to show we are all in.

Are we going to waste another opportunity?

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We need to create some excitement regarding this program. The IPF is nice and needed but announcing that we will be building an OCS let’s say for 2025 will create a buzz that will hopefully carry on to on the field success. We have to be showing we are all in, if as it looks that the Big12 will have another expansion once UT and OU leave and the league  gets ready for new contract.

USF always has moved so lowed like molasses, this is a critical time to show we are all in.

Are we going to waste another opportunity?

Won’t happen until we get a new FT President.