• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

The poise that Timmy showed for his first road start in that environment was fantastic, especially more important there were no penalties.  The coaching staff just needs to embrace the slow grind and wear defenses down.  Keep the underneath routes flowing as extensions of the run game, and then take the deep shots when we are ahead on downs and distance.  They will have to defend the whole field all game.  I think our confidence will build as the season moves along. I really didn't remember this off season much about our defensive depth going to be a problem.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Wearing "The Syracuse game" uni's this week. I'll take all the juju we can get

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

Wearing "The Syracuse game" uni's this week. I'll take all the juju we can get

You are so right, we need everything we can get. The more I look closely at this game and SMU the less confident I am feeling. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are so right, we need everything we can get. The more I look closely at this game and SMU the less confident I am feeling. 

I am not sure how you developed any confidence in the first place.  If we get a lucky bounce or three we got a shot I guess.  

23 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not sure how you developed any confidence in the first place.  If we get a lucky bounce or three we got a shot I guess.  

True, just remembering not feeling embarrassed after the game last Saturday. This one could be a track meet if we are not careful.

• Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True, just remembering not feeling embarrassed after the game last Saturday. This one could be a track meet if we are not careful.

We still spotted them 21 and it looked like they were playing an FCS team doing it.  I think the reason for your optimism was watching Mangum run the ball like a beast and Timmy looking incredibly smooth, with an elusive burst that reminded us of Q, this guy will be a better passer however not sure on the running.  He can make a guy miss with such ease that it looks like he is giving very little effort (like Q).

I am not sure what we do on D, we just don’t have the horses and better coaching can only mitigate this exposure a bit.  I am frustrated we can’t  do better on finding front seven talent, I can’t name one player on the line or lb’s that should be an every down player, our LB’s are mediocre at best and we get absolutely killed in the trenches.  This game has the potential to get ugly, just need the ball first and get a long sustained drive to set the tone and maybe keep it nteresting.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We still spotted them 21 and it looked like they were playing an FCS team doing it.  I think the reason for your optimism was watching Mangum run the ball like a beast and Timmy looking incredibly smooth, with an elusive burst that reminded us of Q, this guy will be a better passer however not sure on the running.  He can make a guy miss with such ease that it looks like he is giving very little effort (like Q).

I am not sure what we do on D, we just don’t have the horses and better coaching can only mitigate this exposure a bit.  I am frustrated we can’t  do better on finding front seven talent, I can’t name one player on the line or lb’s that should be an every down player, our LB’s are mediocre at best and we get absolutely killed in the trenches.  This game has the potential to get ugly, just need the ball first and get a long sustained drive to set the tone and maybe keep it nteresting.  

Completely agree man, I just put in my prediction: SMU 51. USF 24. Hope I am way off but this defense of ours gives me little confidence against a high octane offense. 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  126

7 hours ago, monktified said:

The poise that Timmy showed for his first road start in that environment was fantastic, especially more important there were no penalties.  The coaching staff just needs to embrace the slow grind and wear defenses down.  Keep the underneath routes flowing as extensions of the run game, and then take the deep shots when we are ahead on downs and distance.  They will have to defend the whole field all game.  I think our confidence will build as the season moves along. I really didn't remember this off season much about our defensive depth going to be a problem.  

I agree about the defensive depth, although some injuries have definitely impacted that depth. Let's hope we can start more like we have finished.

• Content Count:  126

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Completely agree man, I just put in my prediction: SMU 51. USF 24. Hope I am way off but this defense of ours gives me little confidence against a high octane offense. 

Let's hope it will be closer and maybe cause a few turnovers and end up on the winning side. We probably need it if we are to have any chance to get to 5 or 6 wins and maybe a bowl game.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, monktified said:

The poise that Timmy showed for his first road start in that environment was fantastic, 

There are some things you just  can't coach