• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just finished watching this game....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Frustrating for sure, but I haven't lost interest yet. We were never going to win this game....I think most here knew we would be overmatched against what might be a very good NC State team coming into this....but we had several opportunities to at least make it look a little better on the scoreboard. I didn't think the design of the offense was bad, just had too many misfires by both QBs tonight, including a couple of deep balls that might have gone for TDs. Also had McClain just seemingly panic and make a couple of bad throws in the red zone, but there's clearly a ton of potential there.  I still like the potential of the WR corps, and can see the possibility of one of these QBs settling down and being effective in this offense. This doesn't feel as hopeless as our 2019 opener against Wisky, where there was ZERO signs of that offense being any good. We WILL get smashed by Florida in another game in which we will be badly overmatched, but at least wait until conference play before deciding whether there's been any improvement or not. We knew coming in that we weren't there yet. Many predicted 1-3 through four games. Too early to be calling for Scott's head.

IF.....we lose to FL A&M it could be a death blow...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Probably best to stick with his freshman year. Q threw 8 picks in 13 games in year 2 to go with 22 td's. Timmy's second pick was one of the worst throws I've ever seen ...... but also have to keep reminding he's less than a year out from playing hs ball. He looked real comfortable out there ..... not sure he's as quick as Flowers, though.

He has upside.  I just wonder if throwing him in there will mess him up.  If not, then absolutely roll with it.

7 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Nah there are way bigger death blows going on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,591
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

He has upside.  I just wonder if throwing him in there will mess him up.  If not, then absolutely roll with it.

Just one of those things you don't know until you try it. it's going to be a ******* tough decision going forward ....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Triple B said:

Just one of those things you don't know until you try it. it's going to be a ******* tough decision going forward ....

I am down with whatever he tries as long as it isn't Fortin.  If we go McCloud, McCloud, McCloud, I am out again this year.

1 hour ago, NovaBull said:

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Yep, kinda like that...

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Nah there are way bigger death blows going on.

Scott had said in an interview that McClain was good enough to play this year but it depended on the first 4 games if he might be red shirted. If we are 0-4 by then(Hope Not) I could see him red shirting. We have 3 other QB's all with playing time. Wonder why there doesn't seem to be much Williams chatter?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

Scott had said in an interview that McClain was good enough to play this year but it depended on the first 4 games if he might be red shirted. If we are 0-4 by then(Hope Not) I could see him red shirting. We have 3 other QB's all with playing time. Wonder why there doesn't seem to be much Williams chatter?

I say the same thing, hey could have given Williams a change to play yesterday or at least Marsh.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

If he's your best, regardless of record, you have to play him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Probably best to stick with his freshman year. Q threw 8 picks in 13 games in year 2 to go with 22 td's. Timmy's second pick was one of the worst throws I've ever seen ...... but also have to keep reminding he's less than a year out from playing hs ball. He looked real comfortable out there ..... not sure he's as quick as Flowers, though.

He saw the same thing I saw - a wide receiver coming back across the middle. Problem was, the NC State defender was laying low out of the vision of McClain and had an easy pick the minute McClain underthrew the ball. Now that McClain is actually getting considered for reps, it'll be interesting to see how he approaches this coming week. Does he buckle down between understanding the playbook and having to survive the first real week of college classes or does he hope to survive off of his athleticism (which works in high school, but not when you're facing UF in week 2), inevitably sacrificing the position back to Fortin. How mature is McClain? That's what it comes down to at this level at his age.