• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, Glenn's defense has not been impressive, to say the least...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Fire Jeff Scott

Another game where we are not prepared. What a joke this Coach is 

40 new players on the roster this year, Freshman QB, and we were within one of of #15 BYU. Maybe it's just me, but it seems way too early to be calling for Scott's head. Everybody had us at 1-3 at this point coming into the season, and that's where we are.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

That onside attempt was beyond aweful...fire the guy who called that...we had 5:41 left and it was completely telegraphed...you could see it coming and the kick placement was rushed and aweful

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, pascobull said:

That onside attempt was beyond aweful...fire the guy who called that...we had 5:41 left and it was completely telegraphed...you could see it coming and the kick placement was rushed and aweful

I think it's one of those things where you're a genius if it works and an idiot if it didn't. The onside kick gave us a chance to get our offense back on the field knowing that our defense couldn't. We didn't have any timeouts so there was no way to stop the clock and field position was a moot point with us down 8. I also like to say that conventional wisdom wouldn't lead anyone to suspect an onside kick, it was a high risk high reward type of gamble that didn't pay off. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

When we started to look like we should be there...things looked better. O line did a good job. QB may be getting use to things. Pass D-sucks. of course it looked early like an..OMG were going to get humiliated on natl tv..but, we saved face and it did give me some hope for the next games if..we keep improving. Coaching? man that's a tough one. I'd have to give CJS a "D" overall. Sideline looked helter skelter, disorganized at times. Time out had Scott and asst both talking at once to the same players. Terrible clock and time out management. On side? I can see some "why" on that decision..not sure we were any more ready than BYU was for that. Why not kick it deep try to pin them behind 10yd line?? Yeah, shoulda woulda coulda....try not to coach in Frantic mode.  But, we looked better-gives you some hope.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

7 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I think it's one of those things where you're a genius if it works and an idiot if it didn't. The onside kick gave us a chance to get our offense back on the field knowing that our defense couldn't. We didn't have any timeouts so there was no way to stop the clock and field position was a moot point with us down 8. I also like to say that conventional wisdom wouldn't lead anyone to suspect an onside kick, it was a high risk high reward type of gamble that didn't pay off. 

Totally agree. I think if we had time outs left he probably would have kicked away ....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Too early for that. Moral victories suck but a lot of positives to look forward to. We did play nc state, uf and byu. What did you expect?! Each week we have shown improvement. Offense will be fine. But defense needs a lot of attention. Will say the D did pull a few stops. Really only killed us with big plays in the 1st quarter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just thought I'd post a list of greatest hits by this artist that may bode well for CJS's future .....

Love it! Way to call them out! 🤘

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

After sleeping on it I think this is the right take, well said.  I didn’t understand it at the time because there was so much time left and we pretty much knew they were going to run it to burn clock so you give your D a reasonable chance to redeem themselves.  I still don’t think that’s wrong either, but in the big picture I’d rather have a HC who calls the onside and take some reasonable chances.

And we have to stop burning TOs…sometimes we really need them down the stretch; case in point.