• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you want to see on Thursday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

What I want to see: Please God, be competitive.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Bill Connelly's SP+ projections are normally pretty accurate. He has NC State beating us 33-17.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, SoreBulls said:

I want to see them play as tough as PUC talks. 

So basic expectations

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Very surprised on how few people said they want to see a win.

The title of the thread is "what do you WANT to see," not "what do you THINK you'll see."  I totally understand that we are a huge long-shot to win (we have been educated in that fact by watching hot garbage for the past 3+ years), but I'd hope that people at least WANT to see a win and haven't set their high-bar at "hey, let's not embarrass ourselves out there."  I hope the players and coaches are playing to win and not just to not lose too badly.  

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Very surprised on how few people said they want to see a win.

The title of the thread is "what do you WANT to see," not "what do you THINK you'll see."  I totally understand that we are a huge long-shot to win (we have been educated in that fact by watching hot garbage for the past 3+ years), but I'd hope that people at least WANT to see a win and haven't set their high-bar at "hey, let's not embarrass ourselves out there."  I hope the players and coaches are playing to win and not just to not lose too badly.  

Pretty amazing isn’t it? And then people got mad at me for mentioning it. We have been conditioned to set our expectations so amazingly low that a win isn’t even a fathomable idea for most even in terms of hopes and dreams the idea of not embarrassing ourselves seems aloof enough that it is what people dream of for our program. Sad.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Pretty amazing isn’t it? And then people got mad at me for mentioning it. We have been conditioned to set our expectations so amazingly low that a win isn’t even a fathomable idea for most even in terms of hopes and dreams the idea of not embarrassing ourselves seems aloof enough that it is what people dream of for our program. Sad.

I think way too much is being made of the responses here. You mention expectations and that’s not what this thread is about. Nobody in their right mind expects us to win this game. Different folks have different wants in a game. The simple minded folks like me just want a win, like in every other game we play. Others wants are more technically refined and are looking at things they want to see in different aspects of the game, like the op did in his thread starter. What’s sad is you, not unexpectedly, twisting this into your perpetually Doomsday outlook on USF football. 

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think way too much is being made of the responses here. You mention expectations and that’s not what this thread is about. Nobody in their right mind expects us to win this game. Different folks have different wants in a game. The simple minded folks like me just want a win, like in every other game we play. Others wants are more technically refined and are looking at things they want to see in different aspects of the game, like the op did in his thread starter. What’s sad is you, not unexpectedly, twisting this into your perpetually Doomsday outlook on USF football. 

It’s an open ended what do you want to see. You can make of the responses what you would like but it definitely says more than you think that a win doesn’t come to mind for most with that question.