• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positional Predictions - QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

On 8/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, JTrue said:

She has the same number of wins over FBS teams as her husband. What's the concern?

This is the year when we get the FBS win!

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 8/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, BullyPulpit said:

I had no idea that Jarren Williams had put on 25 pounds since he left Miami. He came to USF in terrible shape and has slimmed down dramatically since the Spring. I expect good things out of all our QBs that see the field this season. 

From the article:

"Williams has caught up and, if nothing else, slimmed down. He entered USF at 240 pounds but is down to 210 — close to his playing weight at Miami (215)."

When your coach lists a highlight of camp is that you have lost weight, I am not so sure that is a very encouraging sign about your play.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

When your coach lists a highlight of camp is that you have lost weight, I am not so sure that is a very encouraging sign about your play.

I was quoting the author of the article, not Jeff Scott. Scott didn't highlight his weight loss that I am aware of. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

"Williams has caught up and, if nothing else, slimmed down. He entered USF at 240 pounds but is down to 210 — close to his playing weight at Miami (215)."

Hey if Williams doesn't cut it as QB next year (if Tim McClain   takes the reigns) he can get his weight back up to 240 lbs then maybe  play defense as linebacker  or end rather than sit on the bench or transfer?  Just a thought...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Losing 40Ibs and adding muscle is a very encouraging sign of your dedication. The recent video I saw of him from the video i saw last year is like night and day. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Losing 40Ibs and adding muscle is a very encouraging sign of your dedication. The recent video I saw of him from the video i saw last year is like night and day. 

25 lbs but who is counting and what does it matter if he can’t read a defense. Who gets 25lbs overweight at that age as a college athlete, shows me more that he has an inconsistent work ethic.  Either way, I just want someone other than JM and that we have. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

25 lbs but who is counting and what does it matter if he can’t read a defense. Who gets 25lbs overweight at that age as a college athlete, shows me more that he has an inconsistent work ethic.  Either way, I just want someone other than JM and that we have. 

Somebody that had to take a year off because his season was canceled. Sometimes people gain and lose weight..that's a simply part of life. And who says he can't read a defense now? You don't know what off-season work he did. Don't write the man off for a spring game. He did alright at UM and had his moments. If needed, hopefully he can have great moments with us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Where do we think Jordan McCloud and Noah Johnson would fall in this depth chart?

1.) Fortin

2.) Jarren

3.) McCloud

4.) Marsh

5.) McClain

6. Noah

is my guess

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Somebody that had to take a year off because his season was canceled. Sometimes people gain and lose weight..that's a simply part of life. And who says he can't read a defense now? You don't know what off-season work he did. Don't write the man off for a spring game. He did alright at UM and had his moments. If needed, hopefully he can have great moments with us.

I was implying that reading defenses is much more important than a few extra Lbs (worded poorly). You can always shed a couple pounds but reading a D is instinctual and can only be learned to a certain extent.  25 lbs on a young man is pretty significant, regardless of taking a year off or not.  I really don’t care who plays, as long as they play well.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

Where do we think Jordan McCloud and Noah Johnson would fall in this depth chart?

1.) Fortin

2.) Jarren

3.) McCloud

4.) Marsh

5.) McClain

6. Noah

is my guess

Good question. That’s probably right but I would not be happy unless McCloud was #5.