• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positional Predictions - QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Toss up on Cade or Williams for the numbers. The both of them have experience and physicality based on age to start. Willams likely brings some running ability (4.78 40 out of HS and 500+ yards on the ground) which could give him the edge with our o line. If McClain wins the job or gets a significant amount of snaps, we're in trouble. And that isn't a knock on him, but I'd be hard pressed to find a team that went with a 3 star true freshman at QB and won more than a couple games. And don't get on me about HS rankings not being legit. I'll happily give you all the stats on how HS recruiting rankings are VERY good these days. McClain can turn out to be phenomenal, but I don't believe he's ready to be our #1 this season.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

62JDWMNODNFJBMXLEOKQKJJYC4.jpg

Jarren Williams, Cade Fortin, Katravis Marsh and Timmy McClain all are vying to take the first snaps against North Carolina State.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

From the article:

“Just let it play out,” Scott said Tuesday after USF’s first full padded practice of preseason camp. “I want my wife to be able to come to the game and be able to say, ‘That’s your best quarterback right there.’ It needs to be that obvious.”

Is anyone else concerned that we are relying on Mrs. Scott to pick our starting QB? 

I had no idea that Jarren Williams had put on 25 pounds since he left Miami. He came to USF in terrible shape and has slimmed down dramatically since the Spring. I expect good things out of all our QBs that see the field this season. 

From the article:

"Williams has caught up and, if nothing else, slimmed down. He entered USF at 240 pounds but is down to 210 — close to his playing weight at Miami (215)."

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

From the article:

“Just let it play out,” Scott said Tuesday after USF’s first full padded practice of preseason camp. “I want my wife to be able to come to the game and be able to say, ‘That’s your best quarterback right there.’ It needs to be that obvious.”

Is anyone else concerned that we are relying on Mrs. Scott to pick our starting QB? 

Not sure if joking, but that's not what he said lol.  He said he is hoping it is obvious.

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Not sure if joking, but that's not what he said lol.  He said he is hoping it is obvious.

I was 100% joking. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

I was 100% joking. 

Okay then I very much approve of TBP trolling.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

From the article:

She has the same number of wins over FBS teams as her husband. What's the concern?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

There is something to be said about wives and college football knowledge. My wonderful wife could call Sterlin Gilbert’s plays before he ran them when he was our OC… Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

There is something to be said about wives and college football knowledge. My wonderful wife could call Sterlin Gilbert’s plays before he ran them when he was our OC… Go Bulls

Considering SG’s offense set passing records maybe she should send her resume to CJS ….. maybe co-offensive coordinators are in order. 

• Haha 1