• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF could be picking up a nice little check tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Which was a non reality based thought as was entertaining letting CWT and CCS go after only their second year ... Have to admit that when you find a niche, you embrace it, which is probably why puc figured out the $435K pretty quick.

I just have a higher bar for success, and in Gregory's case 4 years is enough time to see what he can do.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good check 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

I just have a higher bar for success, and in Gregory's case 4 years is enough time to see what he can do.

You have a false sense of reality that has been exhibited several times on here ...... but it's not like that's unheard of round these parts.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You have a false sense of reality that has been exhibited several times on here ...... but it's not like that's unheard of round these parts.

You're being kind ...... 

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You're being kind ...... 

That's how I roll ....

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

No, I just have a higher bar for success than whatever remains of our fanbase. I'm not asking our athletic department to do anything they haven't already done in the past. That's not a false sense of anything, that's just setting an expectation and not being satisfied until its achieved.

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

Deleted

Edited by Ricky the Bull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

You need to set your bar at increments and be happy that we're moving forward.  You seem to have set your bar at "Alabama", which no one is reaching in the near future.

In all fairness to Bry there is no way anyone can paint anything that happened last season as incremental improvement, we regressed and you can’t be moving forward when you are going backwards

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

No, I just have a higher bar for success than whatever remains of our fanbase. I'm not asking our athletic department to do anything they haven't already done in the past. That's not a false sense of anything, that's just setting an expectation and not being satisfied until its achieved.

There's a huge difference between not being satisfied until it's achieved and throwing out solutions not based in reality ..... You excel in the latter.

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

In all fairness to Bry there is no way anyone can paint anything that happened last season as incremental improvement, we regressed and you can’t be moving forward when you are going backwards

Exactly, but I don't think I had unrealistic expectations for our 2 highest profile programs:

Football - I had zero expectations in 2020 based on what Strong left Scott. My only complaint last season was play calling and time management in the Temple and Memphis games, but also realize these coaches are learning their jobs on the fly, and last year was a great year to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. My 2021 expectation is 4-8 due to a pretty tough schedule and remaining uncertainty at the QB position

Men's Basketball - My expectation for the 2020-21 season was an NCAAT appearance or deep run in the NIT, of which the team fell woefully short due to:

• Gregory not being able to blend a less-than-100% Yetna, Murphy and Tchewa back into the returning group
  • The Covid pause occurring as the team was playing some of its better basketball
  • The defense taking a HUGE step backwards
  • Gregory continued poor X's and O's (half court offensive scheme, late game management)
  • Shuffling of players off and on the court, like Durr coming out when he is playing well and not in foul trouble (this was a common complaint of Gregory back at Dayton where he wouldn't let offensive players get into a rhythm because he fell in love with running "hockey lines")
  • Underlying player dissent

My 2021-22 expectation would have been what I expect for any Year 5 coach - an NCAAT appearance, but with all the defections and Gregory still being at the helm a .500 conference record looks pretty good right now.

Any success we have in any of our non-revenue generating sports is gravy. While I aspire for USF to achieve greater heights than that, I don't think any of that is unrealistic.

Edited by bjef4844