• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

The investigation might give us some insight into that, otherwise we'll have to base it on what players have publicly said and what has been reported. But again, regardless of the reason when 9 guys transfer out they aren't leaving because they love it here.

The NCAA exception has taken the overall numbers up, but unless you think that 3.5=8 there is a serious problem within the MBB program. Its a contributing factor, but its not the primary reason these kids are bolting. The NCAA has provided them an off ramp to escape the toxic environment and they are taking it.

My lord.  Are you always such a drama queen or only when you are manipulating (making up)  information to suit your agenda?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

My lord.  Are you always such a drama queen or only when you are manipulating (making up)  information to suit your agenda?

If there is one thing I hate it’s a drama queen that massages data to fit their agenda, for shame....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If there is one thing I hate it’s a drama queen that massages data to fit their agenda, for shame....

Most of us do this for a living, without effective data manipulation many of us would be unemployed.  

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Most of us do this for a living, without effective data manipulation many of us would be unemployed.  

I'm not drawing a check from my board posts and if you have to make crap up constantly to justify employment then ...... you must be an attorney or work for the government 😆

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not drawing a check from my board posts and if you have to make crap up constantly to justify employment then ...... you must be an attorney or work for the government 😆

Neither and not as much making stuff up, just being creative in the way you can present certain data to frame a story that may be more positive then it is.  😀

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Neither and not as much making stuff up, just being creative in the way you can present certain data to frame a story that may be more positive then it is.  😀

Oh, well everyone does that ... it's called being married

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

8 people leaving the program in the last 30 days is fact. The current D1 average of 3.4 players in the portal is fact. There is an ongoing investigation into allegations of racial bias in the program, confirmed in the USF press release - that is also fact. And we have a player in the portal who has stated they are leaving due to "racial incidents" - that is fact. There is no need to dramatize this - our program is doing a good enough of a job of creating the drama themselves.

I am not sure what you need to see in order to offer any criticism of our program - do you need 10 players to enter the portal? All 13 players? Do you need to know the exact reason all 8 want nothing to do with the program and do not want to play for Gregory anymore?

I commend your defense of Gregory and the program, but your lack of concern towards the student athletes is disturbing. It makes me wonder if you view them as objects or a commodity and not people.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Do you need to know the exact reason all 8 want nothing to do with the program and do not want to play for Gregory anymore?

Yeah .... I do anyway. Some of those may have been a mutual decision. Some may be they just don't like USF as a school and with the rule this year, they took advantage. Obviously there is something going on with the investigation but that still doesn't mean that players wouldn't have left regardless ....

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

8 people leaving the program in the last 30 days is fact. The current D1 average of 3.4 players in the portal is fact. There is an ongoing investigation into allegations of racial bias in the program, confirmed in the USF press release - that is also fact. And we have a player in the portal who has stated they are leaving due to "racial incidents" - that is fact. There is no need to dramatize this - our program is doing a good enough of a job of creating the drama themselves.

I am not sure what you need to see in order to offer any criticism of our program - do you need 10 players to enter the portal? All 13 players? Do you need to know the exact reason all 8 want nothing to do with the program and do not want to play for Gregory anymore?

I commend your defense of Gregory and the program, but your lack of concern towards the student athletes is disturbing. It makes me wonder if you view them as objects or a commodity and not people.

There's 4 facts there.  A couple are free and loose, but you can have them. You ignore tons though because they don't fit your narrative.

This has nothing to do with "defending" CBG.  It's more about horrible posts and misleading information in them, but you know that and can't really defend it so that is why you keep going back to "defending Gregory".   Because at the end of the day you couldn't care less about the "racial bias" claims.   This is about firing  Coach __________ (enter the name of Coach DuJour) every other year until we magically find one that can turn us into a powerhouse.

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah .... I do anyway. Some of those may have been a mutual decision. Some may be they just don't like USF as a school and with the rule this year, they took advantage. Obviously there is something going on with the investigation but that still doesn't mean that players wouldn't have left regardless ....

I would almost guarantee every one would have left regardless and there is no doubt that several of these moves are mutual.  At best it is an excuse just like the witch hunt bry is leading on this board to try and get CBG fired and the one that was lead to fire CJL back in the day (have an agenda, find reasons to execute).   The only 2 guys that left that I would have preferred stay went to P5 programs (Durr and Yetna) which give them far more opportunity for exposure and to pursue there basketball goals after college.   We have had 3 winning seasons in 18 years and are mired in a slightly above average basketball conference (IMO).   That's not on CBG.    The current NCAA climate and amateur sports in general lead to this kind of movement.   I see it all the time.

Again, no info from the program since the generic info 3 weeks ago.   Only one comment from a disgruntled player that almost never played.   One African American assistant coach who has come out in the past couple of days in pretty obvious support of CBG.   A few recent commitments to the program.   There are 4 more facts.  Pretty easy.