• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

And with our luck we would make same mistake once again.

Well you have to follow precedent  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

No, just ahead of the curve.

Criticizing one’s ability to close out games is not akin to one’s asst coach allegedly saying troublesome words or however  Siegrist described it. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think we should hire CJL

Will be interesting if handled similarly.  Would be refreshing to see an institution restore its integrity by addressing this appropriately. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Brad said:

Criticizing one’s ability to close out games is not akin to one’s asst coach allegedly saying troublesome words or however  Siegrist described it. 

You are mixing two different things - one is a critique I have of how Gregory runs his offense and the other is a single statement around the "word coming out on Gregory soon enough". I apologize if I wasn't clear there, but meant that I was ahead of the curve on the later. You called it irresponsible, but everyone has to know that when 5-6 players transfer out, soon to be 8 with Durr, there is a reason and it was going to come out.

Gregory has had a role in this and should not walk away unblemished. The investigation will let us know if he was present when these statements were made and did nothing, not present but became aware of them and did nothing or facilitated a disingenuous apology, or whether he is so disconnected from his staff and players he has no awareness to what happened.

Sure, I want Gregory fired for being a terrible HC, but if the investigation finds him responsible for enabling this type of behavior or being so disconnected to what his assistants are doing, then I am not sure how anyone can keep defending him.

Edited by bjef4844

When is someone going to say what happened?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

59 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

You are mixing two different things - one is a critique I have of how Gregory runs his offense and the other is a single statement around the "word coming out on Gregory soon enough". I apologize if I wasn't clear there, but meant that I was ahead of the curve on the later. You called it irresponsible, but everyone has to know that when 5-6 players transfer out, soon to be 8 with Durr, there is a reason and it was going to come out.

You'll always be ahead of the curve on stuff like this because at the first sign of something, you immediately head to the scenario that puts USF or USF coach in worst light possible. It's what you do. Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong. Congrats, this time you may be more right than wrong. I'm sure you feel gratified.

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

Sure, I want Gregory fired for being a terrible HC, but if the investigation finds him responsible for enabling this type of behavior or being so disconnected to what his assistants are doing, then I am not sure how anyone can keep defending him.

Stop playing the straw man game. Nobody is defending Gregory. You're confusing that with those who are saying wait until this less than 24 hour story plays out ....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You'll always be ahead of the curve on stuff like this because at the first sign of something, you immediately head to the scenario that puts USF or USF coach in worst light possible. It's what you do. Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong. Congrats, this time you may be more right than wrong. I'm sure you feel gratified.

Stop playing the straw man game. Nobody is defending Gregory. You're confusing that with those who are saying wait until this less than 24 hour story plays out ....

No ones ever gone broke betting against our athletic decisions, it’s pretty easy to predict the weather when you live in Antarctica.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There is no gratification in seeing an entire team go through what they have been reportedly put through, by a coaching staff that is clearly struggling to find success here.

But Kelly has been given a gift - instead of repeating the hand wringing he did with Strong for a year, he now has the opportunity to justifiably hit the reset button NOW on the program, show his ability to lead in a crisis, be part of the solution, be an advocate for all his student-athletes and hire a replacement that will breath life back into the program, all while being the hero who declares that he is an advocate for all student-athletes and that discrimination of any kind will not ever occur in USF athletics (moving forward disclaimer).

He has been given an opportunity to be THE hero here. I hope he is up to it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

My favorite Michael Kelly quote from 11/30/18 as to his reasoning for keeping calm and not making a change from Charlie Strong. 

"I could look at silly at any time, but I really believe he wants to be here," Kelly said.

Likely, Kelly didn't have the authority to make the change due to the financial implications but I still like that he thought that would be a reasonable explanation for it.