• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, Danm1983 said:

I don't know if there's a deadline to jump into the portal, but just because they're here today doesn't mean they will be tomorrow. Perhaps they're in the know and waiting to see if Herrion gets canned, and if so, they stick with BG (or even stay if BG gets canned too). If Herrion stays, maybe that's when they bolt? Very fluid situation I guess.

True. None of us here where there when whatever was said was said, so we really do not know much other than what has leaked out. We do not know how the players feel about the situation as far as I know none of the ones leaving has pointed as that as the reason, so it may or it may not be. All we are doing on this board is speculating and adding our own biases to the situation.

I am fine with waiting for the investigation to happen before moving forward with repercussions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is what's wrong for sure.  We have bypassed due process and we over-react to any allegation that threatens our safe space.  That's this cancel culture, right?

I was being ironic and sensationalizing this entire thread, agree with you 100%.  No need for the truth, he has already been cancelled and nothing to say except move on.  Doubt we will ever know the truth nor does it matter anyways, guys reputation is ruined.  We all wondered what would happen when the participation trophy recipients grew up, here is a glimpse.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Well and Collin claims Gregory is under investigation and Joey says he isn't.  Just reading the "news" there are more perplexing commentary - from Fox 13 Tampa Bay:

TAMPA, Fla. - University of South Florida Bulls men's basketball assistant coach Tom Herrion has been placed on administrative leave after what the school calls "troubling concerns" regarding an alleged racist comment

The accusation was made to administrators by an unnamed party. USF has not confirmed the contents of the comment, but said it was not a racial slur.

So allegedly a racist comment and not a racial slur....there's something.

And of course they discuss this with the NAACP who comments:

"It hits really hard because we have been working with USF," said NAACP of Hillsborough County President Yvette Lewis. "They have got to clean house when it comes to the faculty, the staff, and go into administration and find out where the bad apple is."

Clean house?

This site also states USF confirms Gregory is not under investigation contradicting again Collin's claims.

usf-bulls-basketball-tom-herrion.jpg?ve=

University of South Florida Bulls men's basketball assistant coach Tom Herrion has been placed on administrative leave after what the school calls "troubling concerns"...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

May be true but interestingly Durr and Murphy are still here and they are big cogs to the team and recruited by Gregory. Would they stay if he was canned?

This is an excellent point. If they stay and BG manages to stay, they would have to be a part of the recruiting process. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

Whoa! Someone needs to explain what is going on now. Collins and Brown are understandable as fifth-year guys. Castaneda and Williams feels like there's trouble in (Hillsborough) river city. The rollercoaster ride that is USF men's basketball continues. What a confounding program.

boy do i agree with this

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Regardless of the investigation BG has got to go. Even if it comes apparent he did nothing wrong he has to go. People (players) will already have made up their mind the he, and by association the program, is racist. Further, other universities will be saying that the investigation was a farce when recruiting players. Not saying this is right but it is the way society works today. 

true

our basketball team stinks

good time to move on for usf

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, smazza said:

true

our basketball team stinks

good time to move on for usf

Our basketball team does stink, and I thought this year we were going to be competitive.

Maybe all of these troubles is what the program needed. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to make changes.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Our basketball team does stink, and I thought this year we were going to be competitive.

Maybe all of these troubles is what the program needed. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to make changes.

But how many times do you have to hit rock bottom before you get the changes right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Unfortunately this is about the third time we’ve hit rock bottom in my lifetime as a USF bull 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

17 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

I’ve read the report on another site with the supposed details of what happened. It’s not something that can’t be overcome - short term - with the right decisions.

What are the right decisions?