• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

At least we have a 3-4 win season in football to look forward to 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

So, my wife takes me out patio furniture shopping for a miserable 4 hours and I come home to see 10 unread pages on this thread. Knew something had to be up.  So why are they going to investigate Herrion?  If 7 guys have left the program I think you have your answer.  Save the time and trouble.  The investigation has to be whether and/or when CBG knew of this. Anything other than "He knew nothing" and I'm afraid he needs to go with Herrion. Assuming all white people are racist so some degree, I don't think CBG falls into the racist category.  He seems to love his players and don't think he sees skin color. But he may still need to be let go.

What a f'd up mess this University's Athletic Dept is.  Gregory was here before Kelly so I don't see how this falls on him.  

I'm learning, after Covid and SunSports being dropped by Frontier, that I can live without sports a bit easier that I would have predicted.  This is just another push in breaking from USF sports. Maybe Stan Heath will take us back?  Charlie Bradley? Randenko? Atkins?  This is just heart wrenching.

So did you get any patio furniture?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know but, with a few exceptions, we are such a frustrating mess when it comes to athletics. After 36 years of diehard fandom, I find myself slipping away a little more each year, and the thought of blowing up the men's hoops program - AGAIN - and starting over may just be the thing that finishes this ride for me. As I get older, and with so many other things going on in my life, I can't have this as a priority anymore. I've always said I'll never be a fair-weather fan, but I think I've probably earned the right to step aside and wait for some of that sunshine - if it ever comes.

There is no reason for a university this size, located in this part of the country, with reasonable facilities (no they're not the Taj, but they are decent) to not be annually competitive vs. the level of competition that we face. There has to be some return on any investment of time, money, etc. We can't go 20 years between NCAA Tournament trips. We can't be located in Florida and not be an annual contender for a conference title in football. We can't fail to make the league tournament in baseball or be projected to finish last - EVER.

I still bleed green and gold, but it's time to adjust my personal priority list. GO BULLS.

Spot on. I think the question is how much longer before more of us leave and stop caring? I was almost there before all of this. The reality is not too many people are going to care as they left a long time ago. This **** that has happened to this athletics program is almost comical if it was not sad. I will always firmly believe that the decisions made by the administration should be on the medical report under “cause of death.” Indeed, the university always tried to present itself as the antithesis of UCF and other places when they made the “nice” easy hire. What has that really accomplished? In terms of athletics absolutely little. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Spot on. I think the question is how much longer before more of us leave and stop caring? I was almost there before all of this. The reality is not too many people are going to care as they left a long time ago. This **** that has happened to this athletics program is almost comical if it was not sad. I will always firmly believe that the decisions made by the administration should be on the medical report under “cause of death.” Indeed, the university always tried to present itself as the antithesis of UCF and other places when they made the “nice” easy hire. What has that really accomplished? In terms of athletics absolutely little. 

If athletic success is the barometer, we are most definitely the antithesis of UCF

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I hope the next coach is an offensive minded coach. I’m tired of watching USF teams struggle to get to 60, miss FTs and lose consistently.

and I agree 100% with Brad’s post earlier and have said it repeatedly on this board is time for USF Athletics being ok with being below average. Demand better or get someone else

Edited by Cubanbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So did you get any patio furniture?

Thankfully yes. Couldn't do that another day.

14 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If athletic success is the barometer, we are most definitely the antithesis of UCF

Athletic success should ALWAYS be one of the barometers. It is the front porch of a university. Right now the porch has a rusted old car in front, overgrown weeds, a couple of malnourished dogs, and some old farmer rocking in a chair saying “I just know one day the good times will return.” 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Thankfully yes. Couldn't do that another day.

Next year when you’re sitting in the Yuengling watching a MBB game you’ll be thinking God I wish I was patio furniture shopping 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517

There are plenty of players in the transfer portal and highschool recruits. All we need is a coach and 6-7 of those players. 😎

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

There are plenty of players in the transfer portal and highschool recruits. All we need is a coach and 6-7 of those players. 😎

But do they want to play for a program that is under the cloud of racism. If BG is still the coach the decent ones will not come here. If it’s another coach he better have a silver tongue.