• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Final Bracketology

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Ucf made it as 10 seed. Will face northwestern. Potential 2nd round matchup against Louisville 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Mississippi State not having a good season hurt. We really didn't have a marquee win in the resume. However, I expected a 6 or 7 seed, especially with UCF making it as a #10. For the committee to have us only 8 teams off from them is ridiculous considering taking the season series and the conference tournament. Oh well, have to perform now. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254

I think what hurt us the most is the fact we haven't played well since the layoff. The first 2 conference tourney hurt us as we didn't look like a top team to the committee. Had we beat Wichita state and tulane by 20+ and then beat ucf by 10+ we might have been able to be a 5 or 6 but with the way we have looked the committee decided to give us an 8.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I think what hurt us the most is the fact we haven't played well since the layoff. The first 2 conference tourney hurt us as we didn't look like a top team to the committee. Had we beat Wichita state and tulane by 20+ and then beat ucf by 10+ we might have been able to be a 5 or 6 but with the way we have looked the committee decided to give us an 8.

I'm thinking maybe the Houston L may have been even a bigger factor ...

Guest Jonesy Bull

Well didn't we lose like 2 out of 3 to end the regular season, with the ucf home win sandwiched in between there?  Yeah, they want to see teams rolling at the end.  Even though we won the Conference tournament.  I still think we got shafted by at least not getting a 7 seed.  Kind of shows what they think of the AAC with no Uconn.

As far as the games, having to play in an 8/9 is always a toss up game.  And then no matter what you think of NC State, they are a #1 seed for a reason.  This is going to be very difficult to get out of the first weekend.  Our shooting percentages are going to have to be really good like they were in the 1st half of that last ucf game.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

8 seed is a true disrespect for a team that has been in the Top 25 all season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424

11 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Mississippi State not having a good season hurt. We really didn't have a marquee win in the resume. However, I expected a 6 or 7 seed, especially with UCF making it as a #10. For the committee to have us only 8 teams off from them is ridiculous considering taking the season series and the conference tournament. Oh well, have to perform now. 

I agree. We are definitely under-seeded as an 8-seed but to win a National Championship you have to beat good teams, so might as well start early. If nothing else we are pretty fortunate to get a 12-11 Washington State team in the First Round, who somehow got an at-large bid despite getting blown out the second day of the PAC-12 tournament.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

8 seed is a true disrespect for a team that has been in the Top 25 all season. 

I wonder if Jose has pissed people off over the years. It almost seems personal at this point with year after year snubs. And, no, I don't really believe he has.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

eight seed is right we have beaten no really good team our best game was the lost to Baylor.