• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Baseball Picked to Finish Last in Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

His knowledge of college baseball pales when compared to Jtrue and Chapel, for him to enter that conversation was comical and that is the reason why I poked fun at it.  

You're being generous in including me any category that includes "knowledge." I played some college baseball and coached HS baseball for a handful of years, but that was back a while ago. I follow, I get it, I know the sport on some level. I do have a couple friends and people that I interact with that are heavily involved in the game that I chat with from time to time. One is a scout for the Blue Jays, the other was my old teammate and roommate that is an assistant coach at FSU. My relationship to them gives me some insider information or insight into our team and players, but I would never claim their knowledge adds to mine. I'll take the nod, though.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

3? When did we start counting? 

Yes 4...but 2004 was such a haze...I barely even remember that evening. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

His knowledge of college baseball pales when compared to Jtrue and Chapel, for him to enter that conversation was comical and that is the reason why I poked fun at it.  

Oh Gotcha!

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, it pales relative to those guys. I pretty much follow one MLB team and that is it and don’t follow USF baseball recruiting at all. But that being said the game itself is pretty easy to comment on and determine what is right or wrong with the program. Also, it is pretty easy to comment on the possibility that CBM’s need to show something this year or he will be gone...and based on the preseason polls he has a hill to climb. 

If the recruiting is better, then why isn't the team projected to be better?  

Unless these are guys that are just coming into the program and haven't proven themselves yet.  

Brings up a bigger question, is Coach Mohr the guy to get it done here?  Seems he can recruit, but can he coach them up?  Guess the jury is still out on that one.  Although, recruiting does feed the monster, so there is hope.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes 4...but 2004 was such a haze...I barely even remember that evening. 

I remember that one. But I was too young for shenanigans. #idiotnation 

9 if we are going to get technical. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I remember that one. But I was too young for shenanigans. #idiotnation 

9 if we are going to get technical. 

Yes pretty sure my grandparents were already dead before those 😂

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes pretty sure my grandparents were already dead before those 😂

the Yankees count 27. A lot of those happened a long time ago too. Still counts. WS are timeless. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 hours ago, JTrue said:

You're being generous in including me any category that includes "knowledge." I played some college baseball and coached HS baseball for a handful of years, but that was back a while ago. I follow, I get it, I know the sport on some level. I do have a couple friends and people that I interact with that are heavily involved in the game that I chat with from time to time. One is a scout for the Blue Jays, the other was my old teammate and roommate that is an assistant coach at FSU. My relationship to them gives me some insider information or insight into our team and players, but I would never claim their knowledge adds to mine. I'll take the nod, though.

Don't sell yourself short.  Thats alot of knowledge and insights to the game that you have!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/6/2021 at 7:10 PM, JTrue said:

It wasn't the tough teams that gave baseball fans reason for concern, it was the fodder that kicked our ass that made people pause. If you're going to make any noise in college baseball, you can't get skunked by Marist, Northeastern, FAMU, etc. 

I disagree with this....

Marist was the first game of the season with a young team and losing in 12 innings, thats baseball, that's going to happen, they won the other 2 so I say give them a pass there.

The NorthEastern series should have garnered at least a single win but NE was going to be a NCAA team. The Huskies were 10-5 before the season shut down with loses against 10-6 FAU, 9-6 W. Michigan (which itself was bizzare 17-16 game) and 3 losses against Alabama. Alabama was 16-1 before the season was cancelled. So the Huskies 5 losses were against teams that were a combined 35-13.

That leaves FAMU. Neither of those losses should have happened. That is correct. But look at our history with midweek games under Mohl. The last 3 yrs the Bulls are 13-13, even the 2018 NCAA tourney year they were only 6-5. Mohl doesn't care about those mid-week games (IMO) he uses them for experimentation, for practice, to get the Fr and So. on the field, in his mind I don't believe they really count in the standings. I am not saying this is a good mindset or not, just saying I think that's how he manages. We can't take mid-week games, wins or losses, into consideration when evaluating this team.

In conclusion, there were losses left on the field last year but in my estimation, at best, we would have 8 or 9 wins rather than the 6 we did have. But what i think matters not, hopefully we will get to see what will happen on the field rather than speculation in an admittedly biased mind.