• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****** OFFICIAL ****** ALL THINGS PORTAL *********

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Is someone trying to save face by pretending ULM is a step up from us ..... 🤣🤣😂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I wouldn't say ULM is a step up, but I can't even pick a school with a division 1 football program USF can look down on right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Alabama  has played 3 games s ULM, ALL three have been at their home. They have two more schedule , BOTH are in Bama. If you are going to try to argue, research what you say first. You know little about NCAA football if you truly believe that a school like Bama, LSU, Florida would even consider a 2-1 with ULM.

as for the NY6 bowls, let me know how many times an AAC school has made it and how many times has a SunBelt team has? I’ll save you research time, it’s 5-0 for AAC. Now go and tell me what the TV payout is for the AAC vs SunBelt.

Its not about how many times a conference went 😂😂😂 My point is that the NY6 spot goes to the highest ranked G6 team. The Sunbelt has the SAME OPPORTUNITY and the SAME CEILING that USF has which is a NY6 bowl game. What is so hard to understand about that?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I wouldn't say ULM is a step up, but I can't even pick a school with a division 1 football program USF can look down on right now.

It is not about right now and is not about win/ loss records. It doesn’t matter if Florida is winless and Vanderbilt goes 10-2. Vanderbilt will never be a better overall football program. Same here ULM in the SunBelt will always be an inferior program than USF in the AAC

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cubanbull said:

It is not about right now and is not about win/ loss records. It doesn’t matter if Florida is winless and Vanderbilt goes 10-2. Vanderbilt will never be a better overall football program. Same here ULM in the SunBelt will always be an inferior program than USF in the AAC

I NEVER said ULM or the Sunbelt Conference is a better team/conference. I simply stated that at this point, they have the SAME ceiling (NY6 bowl game) and the SAME opportunity to get to the NY6 bowl game. I think the move is a lateral move and I stand by that. 

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Which argument are you going with? In the first, you're saying that 1 year of Vandy being good doesn't trump UF's entirety. I agree. The other is saying that a Sunbelt team is automatically weaker than an AAC team. I agree with the first until Vandy bangs out a couple of national championships. I disagree with the second. Boise State is, technically, in a lower conference. Their program smokes ours by any measure you can come up with.

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Save face? You guys thought his career was over or he waa going to FCS or D2 football. I felt he wouldnt go lower than a G6 school and I was right 🤷

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Which argument are you going with? In the first, you're saying that 1 year of Vandy being good doesn't trump UF's entirety. I agree. The other is saying that a Sunbelt team is automatically weaker than an AAC team. I agree with the first until Vandy bangs out a couple of national championships. I disagree with the second. Boise State is, technically, in a lower conference. Their program smokes ours by any measure you can come up with.

This is NOT about Boise State. This is about saying that ULM in SunBelt is a better program overall than USF. There are NO teams in the AAC that would leave for Sun Belt. The SunBelt is a lower conference period. Can you have a team from there have a few good seasons where they would beat AAC teams, yes but they won’t sustain it.

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I NEVER said ULM or the Sunbelt Conference is a better team/conference. I simply stated that at this point, they have the SAME ceiling (NY6 bowl game) and the SAME opportunity to get to the NY6 bowl game. I think the move is a lateral move and I stand by that. 

You can stand by it all you want. But going from an AAC team to a SunBelt team is NOT a lateral move for any coach nor player. I wish them success in their future but doesn’t change facts.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

This is NOT about Boise State. This is about saying that ULM in SunBelt is a better program overall than USF. There are NO teams in the AAC that would leave for Sun Belt. The SunBelt is a lower conference period. Can you have a team from there have a few good seasons where they would beat AAC teams, yes but they won’t sustain it.

ULM is definitely not a better program than USF. But, being in a lower conference, like Boise is, does not exclude a program from being better than us.