• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Goal of 4,600 Bulls Club Donors

USF Giving  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

So on the USF Bulls Club webpage they have a campaign to get 4,600 donors (And $1M in gifts) by the end of the fiscal year. July starts the giving year so given that football renewals haven’t gone out, the current number of around 400 donors (and $180k in gifts) seems about right.

This post is NOT meant to incite debate NOR is it meant to criticize anyone for giving or not giving. What would be the point of that? My purpose is to see for those who do not give to USF Athletics, what would have you WANT to give?

I was listening to ESPNU Radio this past week with Mark Packer and he was talking about the financial mentalities about the “Elite” schools like Alabama and Clemson. While this is NOT our goal and I totally understand that, I do think we can work to build our donor base.

I understand (but don’t agree) with those who think we are just being asked to throw money at an organization who isn’t doing what they need to do but even for that group who believes that – what do you want to see for you to be a part of what it takes to turn this around?

Just want to be a small part of the solution! Let’s help them get to 4,600 donors. I really appreciate your honest feedback.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I did for eighteen years ('97~'15) via season ticket (football) donation program. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Since we moved to RayJay.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

I know this might not be the right attitude to have, but I'm pausing further donations until I see groundbreaking of the IPF.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

We started when my wife almost passed out from the heat at one of the first UCF games and we wanted club access. 

22 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

So on the USF Bulls Club webpage they have a campaign to get 4,600 donors (And $1M in gifts) by the end of the fiscal year. July starts the giving year so given that football renewals haven’t gone out, the current number of around 400 donors (and $180k in gifts) seems about right.

This post is NOT meant to incite debate NOR is it meant to criticize anyone for giving or not giving. What would be the point of that? My purpose is to see for those who do not give to USF Athletics, what would have you WANT to give?

I was listening to ESPNU Radio this past week with Mark Packer and he was talking about the financial mentalities about the “Elite” schools like Alabama and Clemson. While this is NOT our goal and I totally understand that, I do think we can work to build our donor base.

I understand (but don’t agree) with those who think we are just being asked to throw money at an organization who isn’t doing what they need to do but even for that group who believes that – what do you want to see for you to be a part of what it takes to turn this around?

Just want to be a small part of the solution! Let’s help them get to 4,600 donors. I really appreciate your honest feedback.

So many smart a$$$ remarks came to mind.  But I'll honor your request.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We started when my wife almost passed out from the heat at one of the first UCF games and we wanted club access. 

Your wife is a saint -- as is mine -- if for no other reason than they still go to Bulls games with us despite past experience that warns them otherwise.  When it get down to the poll question, my answer would go something like below: 

O I give through my Seat Donation with my season tickets only

O I give through my Seat Donation AND give additional financial support to the Bulls Club

O I used to give to USF but no longer do so

O I do not give to the USF Bulls Club

X After years and years of being a Bulls Club member and season ticket holder in multiple sports and giving time, treasure, blood, sweat and tears in support of the Bulls, I moved far enough away to have an        excuse not to attend and agonize through so many games -- but they still know where I live and cash my checks at least every month.

Kind reminds of of some of my other past relationships.

23 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Your wife is a saint -- as is mine -- if for no other reason than they still go to Bulls games with us despite past experience that warns them otherwise.  When it get down to the poll question, my answer would go something like below: 

O I give through my Seat Donation with my season tickets only

O I give through my Seat Donation AND give additional financial support to the Bulls Club

O I used to give to USF but no longer do so

O I do not give to the USF Bulls Club

X After years and years of being a Bulls Club member and season ticket holder in multiple sports and giving time, treasure, blood, sweat and tears in support of the Bulls, I moved far enough away to have an        excuse not to attend and agonize through so many games -- but they still know where I live and cash my checks at least every month.

Kind reminds of of some of my other past relationships.

than they put up with us.  We're a couple of lucky guys.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

I do not donate, mainly because until recently I didn’t have extra income to donate. I have a few questions though: How much transparency do we get with our money when we donate? Do we get to dictate where it goes?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

23 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

I did for eighteen years ('97~'15) via season ticket (football) donation program. 

How about coming back and being a member of the Bulls Club?

3 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

I know this might not be the right attitude to have, but I'm pausing further donations until I see groundbreaking of the IPF.

And we wonder why we haven't had a groundbreaking for the IPF yet.

• Like 1