• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Dangers of a "Rebuild."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

48 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That's why CJS needs 3 years to get his players in - that's really the only hope we have. As @puc86 likes to point he hasn't shown the ability to coach up many of the leftover players.

The leftover players are not talented enough to be coached imo. I saw some of the most unathletic players on the field for USF ever yesterday. I may not be a professional scout, but there is no NFL talent here. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, WhoRUSF said:

The leftover players are not talented enough to be coached imo. I saw some of the most unathletic players on the field for USF ever yesterday. I may not be a professional scout, but there is no NFL talent here. 

There's almost no AAC talent here. And you could argue not much more FBS level talent. It's just the stark reality.

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

There's almost no AAC talent here. And you could argue not much more FBS level talent. It's just the stark reality.

I'll agree with this, but a good coach gets us 3 wins. I think the only thing we can observe from year one is that CJS is not an elite in game coach or evaluator of talent (Basing this off of McCloud starting). He could still be a good recruiter given a full class, and given a full offseason can he adapt? There is still reason for hope at least. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Yep.  We looked slow unathletic and small. The dline is the most glaring.

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My son asked me if there was anyone on USF who could get drafted - honestly I can't thin of anyone.

Absolutely not. KJ and Hampton were preseason look outs, but have been pretty bad so far. 

Best players on our team imo are Ford, Evans, Brinkman, Battie and Townsel is a young guy who plays hard. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

Antonio Grier is pretty good when he isn't leading with the crown of his helmet.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

Yea i dont even care about skill players at all right now. You can win with undersized skill players. Wvu did it for a long time but we are not running a complicated offense scheme and we dont fool anyone. If we are that team, then we need to recruit any and all lineman possible on either side of ball and start there. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Let’s go back to Willie. Because he is who we need to look at for para lance atm. Although he did have a little experience coming in. He came in and there was little talent, like now. He wanted his scheme over tailoring thing to the talent on the team. CJS might have a little more success if he looks at who we have and creates a system that works for them. Lastly, Willie showed you can recruit decent talent here despite the budget. We shouldn’t be doing that many National searches. Most of the talent we need in local or maybe a state away. Add in the portal to patch up the two deep and we should be ready to roll

CWT had an exceptional 2014 recruiting class. Flowers, Mack, Johnson, etc. CWT's 2017 class was not good at all. Too much attrition.

That to me, was the beginning of the slide. CCS just compounded the issue.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

CWT had an exceptional 2014 recruiting class. Flowers, Mack, Johnson, etc. CWT's 2017 class was not good at all. Too much attrition.

That to me, was the beginning of the slide. CCS just compounded the issue.

I think Willie waa eyeing the door. If he was committed the class would’ve been better. CCS did not recruit at all. If you can recruit you can do decent at this level

• Upvote 2