• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Dangers of a "Rebuild."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

At this point CJS better start playing for a year three team that wins at least 8 games. He has no choice but to put 11 on the field that want to be there and that will play hard on every play. If talent is the problem, he better go find some immediate help or CJS will be asking to become a analyst for Saban or Dabo. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

"We just didn't execute the plays we called" at Memphis = Apparent lack of interest at Houston. That is NOT rebuilding.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Rebuild is what Mack Brown did at UNC. He found him a qb and stuck with him. He took players from a failed former staff and got them to believe they could win. Herm Edwards took a program in the dumpster and got them to believe. He took a true freshmen in year 2 and sticking with him.  Mike Lockesly has taken a dumpster fire and put a product on the field for year 2. USF does not have a big recruiting budget, but the portal is free. lol 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Is this really a “rebuild” considering it was never really built the right way to begin with?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Is this really a “rebuild” considering it was never really built the right way to begin with?

I was thinking the same. 

Right now Scott is working with what he has. Honestly, do we even know what we have to work with?

We know McCLoud is not the answer at QB. We have no idea what Fortin can do. What has run?  4 series. First game I assume he jacked up on adrenaline. Before he got hurt he looked dynamic and sharp. 

Dollison and Miller look like a base to build a corps of receivers around.

You cant build an offense around Ford.

Is there anything to build around on defense?  We have been so thin between injuries and covid I have no clue what we have. 

Actually  no clue what we have on either side of the ball.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262

I saw give Fortin, Smith, and Marsh each playing time for the rest of the year. Dollison and Battie look goof for freshmen. We really need to hit  portal hard for talent in this order: OL,DL,LB,DB, WR, RB, TE, and QB. I would love to find a stud QB to transfer her but I doubt we will. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

Let’s go back to Willie. Because he is who we need to look at for para lance atm. Although he did have a little experience coming in. He came in and there was little talent, like now. He wanted his scheme over tailoring thing to the talent on the team. CJS might have a little more success if he looks at who we have and creates a system that works for them. Lastly, Willie showed you can recruit decent talent here despite the budget. We shouldn’t be doing that many National searches. Most of the talent we need in local or maybe a state away. Add in the portal to patch up the two deep and we should be ready to roll

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Antigua 2.0.

First time HC that was a hanger-on assistant at a blue blood program, with an AD so desperate for change that he would throw whatever money we did have at the problem.

CJS has made bad personnel decisions, but one reason for optimism is that we have freshman playing well, compared to CCS where nobody outside of Willie's guys ever played well in his entire 3 years here. Battie looks very explosive

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I saw give Fortin, Smith, and Marsh each playing time for the rest of the year. Dollison and Battie look goof for freshmen. We really need to hit  portal hard for talent in this order: OL,DL,LB,DB, WR, RB, TE, and QB. I would love to find a stud QB to transfer her but I doubt we will. 

Battie and Dollison will be epic eventually.
I don't care who is injured, the season was long dead, so even if CJS thinks McCloud gives us the best chance to win he needs to go with Marsh if the other two are injured to build for the future. Though I'm not sure any QB on the roster is the future, but if we are going to have Marsh around, give him the remaining games if Fortin isn't able to play.

On the D side, I don't see anything along the lines of Dollison and Battie.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That's why CJS needs 3 years to get his players in - that's really the only hope we have. As @puc86 likes to point he hasn't shown the ability to coach up many of the leftover players.

If CCS had left us the mellow pot heads they'd be more amenable to being coached up.

• Haha 1