• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts after calming down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

It baffles me with how hard Noah Johnson had to fight for playing time. Why does CJS hate this man so much? lol

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Rewatch that last drive and we can continue this conversation. You have no idea what you're talking about ...

rewatch the drive before that. wide open receivers in plenty of space

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

51 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Specifically which play calling at the end of the game are you referring to ..... outside of the last drive before memphis scored their final td.

the prevent defense(both times). the drive that went with a QB draw on 1st down from their 35 where we settled for a FG

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

CJS said in post game interview that they went into zone on the last two drives because of depth at the DB position. He was scared Memphis would go long on their tired DBs and give up a quick score. He wanted to make them drive the field.

I don’t like it...

He went prevent because they were tired? wow. he needs to watch this a few times before Monday...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

7 hours ago, Bull94 said:

the drive that went with a QB draw on 1st down from their 35 where we settled for a FG

The one where he got sacked on 2nd down trying to throw the ball ....... and was that definitely a designed qb draw? If so, the wr to the left apparently missed the call because he didn't touch the corner who was blitzing in on the snap and effectively sealed off any chance of NJ breaking to the outside. Sometimes the play calling doesn't look so hot when the execution's not there ...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It baffles me with how hard Noah Johnson had to fight for playing time. Why does CJS hate this man so much? lol

CJS got sick of winning at Clemson so he makes every effort to avoid it here 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Agreed. He has looked better than McCloud all season imo. The only reason I can think of is maybe Johnson wasn't showing as much understanding of the plays. It's the end of the season and I think we see him finish the year out to see if we really want him for the future. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Agreed. He has looked better than McCloud all season imo. The only reason I can think of is maybe Johnson wasn't showing as much understanding of the plays. It's the end of the season and I think we see him finish the year out to see if we really want him for the future. 

He reminds me of less elusive Flowers.  We can still win with that hopefully he starts the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He reminds me of less elusive Flowers.  We can still win with that hopefully he starts the rest of the season.

I think he is simply a North/South runner. Whats funny, it seems as if he purposely didnt run in the last game. Either he was injured or the coaches to him not too. He passed up on too many opportunities.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think he is simply a North/South runner. Whats funny, it seems as if he purposely didnt run in the last game. Either he was injured or the coaches to him not too. He passed up on too many opportunities.

I dont like when a good running qb is being held back cause he has shown he can break a long run at times and shouldnt be held back from picking up a easy 10+ yard run when the opportunity exist. 

Maybe it's more of we have nobody after him but McCloud if he got injured and some freshman.