• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Temple

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

now that is a crime. aren't you the one that wants the school to put more towards athletics though?

This College of Education thing is a bit more complex than appears on the surface. UF has done the same thing. Enrollment in Edu is down half. After you get so many credits in something, let's say math, you can go ahead and get a teaching certificate. From what I read there were so many other ways people were getting teaching certificates that they had to adapt. 

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I do, but the money isn't there as evidence by the tough decisions being made. Its time to align our financial resources with our level of competition and leave the AAC.

I always thought we should have stayed at the lower level for football. I enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of the money grab that college athletics have become. terrible use of resources.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

My biggest problem today was the play call on the 2 point conversion. You call a timeout to call a sweep to the near side of the field where basically everyone from temple was. Call a play going to the otherside of the field such as a reverse or some trick play. At least try and fool temple instead of running something a middle school team would do

Just now, CousinRicky said:

This College of Education thing is a bit more complex than appears on the surface. UF has done the same thing. Enrollment in Edu is down half. After you get so many credits in something, let's say math, you can go ahead and get a teaching certificate. From what I read there were so many other ways people were getting teaching certificates that they had to adapt. 

yeah I only read about it in the paper. They didn't give you much.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

if you don't have two or three GO TO plays already loaded for a two point conversion--

you are not prepared and you have a coaching staff that is under performing. .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

They need some consultants or analysts that can guide their development. I’m not sure they’ll get there alone

Pretty sure CJS still has some people he talks with. Way too early to panic over the hire.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

5 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Now about this guy named Leavitt.........

Look to my coming at first light on the 5th day.  At dawn, look to the east!

AmbitiousAthleticAmmonite-max-1mb.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

There are a few of us that think it would be financially prudent to move all sports to a more geographically and talent appropriate conference, like the ASUN, and then go the independent route (I say FCS) for football.

Most people see that as a demotion of everything

It is human nature to move towards bigger and better. No one ever made a big promotion by directing their program BACKWARDS into the FCS or some lesser than conferences.

But of all the years to consider it-- this would have been the perfect timing. Might have helped to make that type of decision prior to signing yet another ENORMOUS head coach contract.

If USF can make a bad move-- they will find it

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure CJS still has some people he talks with. Way too early to panic over the hire.

Agreed!  I still think we are working with a total mess.

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

There are a few of us that think it would be financially prudent to move all sports to a more geographically and talent appropriate conference, like the ASUN, and then go the independent route (I say FCS) for football.

I would enjoy FCS football.