• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I get why we scheduled them but I hope this blow out does not impact the team the rest of the year...I would almost rather play a ****** team we have a chance against. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

14 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

It's quite amazing rooting for a team that had the chance to beat anyone anywhere to knowing you have zero chance. 

By amazing I mean depressing.

Those were the Leavitt years. We haven't been that team since Holtz's 2nd year. 

But for the first time since CJL, I believe that can happen again. Jeff Scott is the real deal. I don't think he will leave USF at a minimim until he wins a conference championship.

Michael Kelly hit a grand slam with Jeff Scott. Better days are ahead for USF football!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Typical Of our fans on here. Overvalue a not so great performance against a I-AA team, then hit the panic button when a clearly better team/program blows our doors off

We were never winning this game, nor are we going bowling(never were) but 3rd and 13, is it too much to hope to hold them to a FG?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

This is the state of AAC recruiting. 

The only hope for AAC teams is small fast explosive offenses. They can’t recruit enough big strong defensive players to win against good teams with defense. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

I expected the most offense to be bad but our defense is sofffffftttt! 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Coaching staff.

They look pretty much exactly the same unless you are referencing CJS’ pregame outfit where he did look quite dapper but since the game started this is about on par with any of the worst performances we have ever had 

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So, we see the gap that exists at this point - and it’s HUGE. Good luck Coach Scott. Lots of hard work ahead.

Yes you are so right.  But we knew this year there would be growing pains and we totally feeling it now.

The goods news is this was pretty much expected.  This coaching staff is smart.  A hard tough learning experience will pay dividends down the line.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not only poor recruiting by strong, but didn't he kick like 12 kids off the team. A few of them would have been seniors.

This disaster certainly not on Scott. It just gives him a look at what needs to be done to compete at the highest level within a couple of years  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I get why we scheduled them but I hope this blow out does not impact the team the rest of the year...I would almost rather play a ****** team we have a chance against. 

If they can't overcome a letdown, after last year, then it's going to be a long season anyway.