• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need a favor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Not all the time. And you don’t get espn3 with a espn+ Subscription. It has to do with the eapn3 being a part of their cable packages so they can’t show those games on their own streaming service because of the tv deals. It might have changed but I have personally ran into this issue. 

ESPN is not a channel it is a streaming service that is based an internet provider. I know last year that if a game was on ESPN 3 it was also on ESPN+. That is how I watched our first game. Pretty sure it will be a moot point as our contract is with ESPN+ so I don’t see us with ESPN3 games any longer. 

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I know, just a feeble attempt at humor, I am moderately happy with DirectTV and you get it all.

Had them for over 20 years. But the price was getting ridiculous. I pay half now with YouTube and get even more sports channels and that’s all I really watch. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

ESPN is not a channel it is a streaming service that is based an internet provider. I know last year that if a game was on ESPN 3 it was also on ESPN+. That is how I watched our first game. Pretty sure it will be a moot point as our contract is with ESPN+ so I don’t see us with ESPN3 games any longer. 

Right but ESPN has deals with cable providers that force people to have cable packages in order to watch ESPN3, by showing all of the games on ESPN+ it cuts the providers out. I know I had this issue last season because I didn’t have a cable package and couldn’t watch a game. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Right but ESPN has deals with cable providers that force people to have cable packages in order to watch ESPN3, by showing all of the games on ESPN+ it cuts the providers out. I know I had this issue last season because I didn’t have a cable package and couldn’t watch a game. 

Ok, I see your point, I am not aware of cable systems as I have not used it in over 23 years. I know with my comcast wireless set up I get both ESPN+ and ESPN3. I stopped using the later when I saw the same games on ESPN+. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok, I see your point, I am not aware of cable systems as I have not used it in over 23 years. I know with my comcast wireless set up I get both ESPN+ and ESPN3. I stopped using the later when I saw the same games on ESPN+. 

Right, they show a lot of games on both but they try not crossover. 

this is a pretty helpful article I found little while back when I was researching something. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I know, just a feeble attempt at humor, I am moderately happy with DirectTV and you get it all.

I'm in a hotel room in Detroit and was without TV because of a moderate rainshower.  I'm wondering what percentage I'd be out of service in Tampa.  Are you finding that as an issue?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

2 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I'm in a hotel room in Detroit and was without TV because of a moderate rainshower.  I'm wondering what percentage I'd be out of service in Tampa.  Are you finding that as an issue?

We had satellite when we first moved to FL and missed a lot of time with heavy rain.

30 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I only missed games when it snowed hard. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I had DirecTV for years. We had outages due to weather, but it was workable. However, they priced themselves out of the market, at least for me anyway. 

Sorry I did not see this sooner, @CousinRicky . Text me if you still need help. Have mask will travel. 

FWIW, I have YouTube TV and am quite happy with it. For Mrs. S, I subscribe to NetFlix, HULU (base account), and Amazon Prime, where I also subscribe to Showtime, Acorn, and Brit Box.  When Mrs. S wishes to binge watch all of her CBS shows, I will pick up CBS All Access for a month. I also have the base account for FrndlyTV, so Mrs. S can watch all of her Hallmark channels. With all that I still save over $100/month over what I was paying for DirecTV. 

I do not own a smart TV. I have a Roku on the big TV in the living room (newest TV circa 2011), Fire Sticks on the TVs in the guest rooms, and I watch TV on my one of my computer monitors in my office (27"). All of this is wireless, no cabling to run. In the worst case you may need a wifi extender or convert to a mesh router. 

Hope that helps some.

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Have you tried these:

906184e8-3225-4182-ab0b-4206b227626c_1.8

Free 2-day shipping. Buy Wideskall Universal Indoor Rabbit Ear TV Antenna for HDTV...

I forgot, but I also have a digital antenna in my attic and utilize all of my DirecTV cabling to have broadcast TV, should the cable ever go out.