• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need a favor

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,663
  • Days Won:  108

Not USF sports related but I know some of you guys are pretty good techie types and have cut the cord.  Now that Frontier, which dropped MLB network a month ago, has dropped FoxSportsSun, I'm pretty much done with them.  Raise the price $20 and cut these sports stations.  No thanks.  

Would any of you be willing to PM me and help me work through options that would get me TV plus ESPN, CBSSN, FoxSports and some others.  I know you need Hulu+ or some other streaming things to FoxSports.  But I'm not up on all the other options. We use a DVR a lot around this house too.  Any thoughts on Spectrum as a provider?

Thanks to whoever has the patience to help.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I use HULU live and its been great, has more sports channels than I ever had with directv at half the cost.  I can also attest that I live in an area with little to no good internet options and have had very little issues with connectivity and streaming loss.

Edited by BrassBulls12

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I use HULU live and its been great, has more sports channels than I ever had with directv at half the cost.  I can also attest that I live in an area with little to no good internet options and have had very little issues with connectivity and streaming loss.

So you access this through a smart tv or, in my case probably, a DVD player with apps?

This isn't a ROKU thing that you plug into a HDMI port?

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

So you access this through a smart tv or, in my case probably, a DVD player with apps?

Yes, or I also use a ROKU. really cheap and easy to use. just pick one up at walmart and plug it in. Download the apps and go. you can also use a firestick 

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This isn't a ROKU thing that you plug into a HDMI port?

you dont have to use a roku if you can do it through your TV or DVD player. Gaming consoles work too (although you don't strike me as a gamer). In my house I use Smart TV, Roku and PS4 all running the same account

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,624
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

BB12, quick question...I'm about to dump Spectrum TV and enhance my Hulu to live TV.  My question has to do with the "ads" version of hulu and how that affects live channels.  I assume you have to watch the adds on live tv no matter what level (ads vs. no ads) you have.  Is that correct?

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yes, or I also use a ROKU. really cheap and easy to use. just pick one up at walmart and plug it in. Download the apps and go. you can also use a firestick 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

you dont have to use a roku if you can do it through your TV or DVD player. Gaming consoles work too (although you don't strike me as a gamer). In my house I use Smart TV, Roku and PS4 all running the same account

My problem is that a few years ago I had my TV and sound installed by some guy who has my main TV viewing room on wireless remotes and has about 3 million wires and cables in a closet to have out of sight.  The guy was good but has become unreliable and it takes weeks to get him out to reprogram or hook up anything. I've got Chromecast and a DVR and don't know if I could even add a ROKU at this point.  I think HULU is on my TV and DVR.

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

BB12, quick question...I'm about to dump Spectrum TV and enhance my Hulu to live TV.  My question has to do with the "ads" version of hulu and how that affects live channels.  I assume you have to watch the adds on live tv no matter what level (ads vs. no ads) you have.  Is that correct?

Yes, you would. It would only apply to their normal (Im lacking a better term) content. 

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

So tell me, why are you dumping Spectrum?  I was thinking of that as an alternative.